This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DC Musch , A Sugar , RF Meyer . Demographic and predisposing factors in corneal ulceration. Arch Ophthalmol 1983; 101: 1545–8.
2. JKG Dart , F Stapleton , D Minassian . Contact lenses and other risk factors in microbial keratitis. Lancet 1991; 338: 650–3.
3. PR Laibson , ED Donnenfield . Corneal ulcers related to contact lens use. Int Ophthalmol Clin 1986; 26: 3–14.
4. A Koidou-Tsiligianni , E Alfonso , RK Forster . Ulcerative keratitis associated with contact lens wear. Am J Ophthalmol 1989; 108: 64–7.
5. OD Schein , LD Ormerod , Barraquer Microbiology of contact lens-related ulcers. Cornea 1989; 8: 281–5.
6. JH Lass , J Haaf , CS Foster , C Belcer . Visual outcome in eight cases of Serratia marcescens keratitis. Am J Ophthalmol 1981; 92: 384–90.
7. E Alfonso , S Mandelbaum , MJ Fox , RK Forster . Ulcerative keratitis associated with contact lens wear. Am J Ophthalmol 1984; 101: 429–33.
8. LA Wilson , RL Schlitzer , DG Ahern . Pseudomonas corneal ulcers associated with soft contact lens wear. Am J Ophthalmol 1981; 92: 546–54.
9. LD Ormerod , RE Smith . Contact lens-associated microbial keratitis. Arch Ophthalmol 1986; 104: 79–83.
11. AK Bates , RJ Morris , F Stapleton , DC Minassian , JKG Dart . ‘Sterile’ corneal infiltrates in contact lens wearers. Eye 1989; 3: 803–10.
12. DV Seal , F Stapleton , JK Dart . Possible sources of Acanthamoeba in contact lens wearers. Br J Ophthalmol 1992; 76: 424–7.
13. OD Schein , RJ Glynn , EC Poggio , JM Seddon , Kenyon KR and the Microbial Keratitis Study Group. The relative risk of ulcerative keratitis among users of daily-wear and extended-wear soft contact lenses. New Engl J Med 1989; 321: 773–8.
14. BJ Mondino , BA Weissman , D Farb , TH Pettit . Corneal ulcers associated with daily wear and extended wear contact lenses. Am J Ophthalmol 1986; 102: 58–65.
15. LA Wilson , AD Sawant , RB Simmons , DG Ahern . Microbial contamination of contact lens storage cases and solutions. Am J Ophthalmol 1990; 110: 193–8.
16. PB Donzis , BJ Mondino , BA Weissman , DA Bruckner . Microbial contamination of contact lens care systems. Am J Ophthalmol 1987; 104: 325–33.
17. DFP Larkin , S Kilvington , DL Easty . Contamination of contact lens storage cases by Acanthamoeba and bacteria. Br J Ophthalmol 1990; 74: 133–5.
19. JA Duran , MF Refojo , IK Gipson , KR Kenyon . Pseudomonas attachment to new hydrogel contact lenses. Arch Ophthalmol 1987; 105: 106–9.
21. JW Costerton , RT Irvin . The bacterial glycocalyx in nature and disease. Ann Rev Microbiol 1981: 35: 299–324.
22. LA Wilson , AD Sawant , DG Ahern . Comparative efficacies of soft contact lens disinfectant solutions against microbial films in lens cases. Arch Ophthalmol 1991; 109: 1155–7.
24. G Smolin . The microbial flora in extended wear soft contact lens wearers. Am J Ophthalmol 1979; 88: 543–7.
26. J Morgan . Complications associated with contact lens solutions. Ophthalmology 1979; 86: 1107–19.
27. G Hovding . The conjunctival and contact lens bacterial flora during lens wear. Acta Ophthalmol 1981; 59: 387–401.