This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. MM Pettigrew , Microbial interactions during upper respiratory tract infections. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2008; 14: 1584–1591.
2. TF Murphy , LO Bakaletz , PR Smeesters . Microbial interactions in the respiratory tract. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 2009; 28: S121–126.
4. RP Rennie , KH Ibrahim . Antimicrobial resistance in Haemophilus influenzae: how can we prevent the inevitable? Commentary on antimicrobial resistance in H. influenzae based on data from the TARGETed surveillance program. Clinical Infectious Disease 2005; 41 (Suppl. 4): S234–238.
5. S Bae , Antimicrobial resistance in Haemophilus influenzae respiratory tract isolates in Korea: results of a nationwide acute respiratory infections surveillance. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2010; 54: 65–71.
6. R Dagan , Evidence to support the rationale that bacterial eradication in respiratory tract infection is an important aim of antimicrobial therapy. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2001; 47: 129–140.
7. JÁ García-Rodríguez , MJ Frensnadillo Martínez . Dynamics of nasopharyngeal colonization by potential respiratory pathogens. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002; 50: S2, 59–73.
8. S Bae , Nasal colonization of four potential respiratory bacteria in healthy children attending kindergarten or elementary school in Seoul, Korea. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2012; 61: 678–685.
12. D Fontanals , Prevalence of Haemophilus influenzae carriers in the Catalan preschool population. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2000; 19: 301–304.
14. N Principi , Risk factors for carriage of respiratory pathogens in the nasopharynx of healthy children. Ascanius Project Collaborative Group. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 1999; 18: 517–523.
16. S Shin , Y Shin , M Ki . Cost-benefit analysis of Haemophilus influenzae type b immunization in Korea. Journal of Korean Medical Science 2008; 23: 176–184.
18. R Sá-Leão , High rates of transmission of and colonization by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae within a day care center revealed in a longitudinal study. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 225–234.
19. K Hashida , Nasopharyngeal Haemophilus influenzae carriage in Japanese children attending day-care centers. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 876–881.
20. S Tristram , MR Jacobs , PC Appelbaum . Antimicrobial resistance in Haemophilus influenzae. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2007; 20: 368–389.
21. S García-Cobos , Ampicillin-resistant non-β-lactamase-producing Haemophilus influenzae in Spain: recent emergence of clonal isolates with increased resistance to cefotaxime and cefixime. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2007; 51: 2564–2573.
22. K Masuda , Incidences of nasopharyngeal colonization of respiratory bacterial pathogens in Japanese children attending day-care centers. Pediatrics International 2002; 44: 376–380.