This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. E Simons , Assessment of the 2010 global measles mortality reduction goal: results from a model of surveillance data. Lancet 2012; 379: 2173–2178.
5. M Muscat . Who gets measles in Europe? Journal Infectious Diseases 2011; 204 (Suppl. 1): 353–365.
7. WL Ruijs , Religious subgroups influencing vaccination coverage in the Dutch Bible belt: an ecological study. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 102.
S Van den Hof , MAE Conyn-van Spaendonck , JE van Steenbergen . Measles epidemic in the Netherlands, 1999–2000. Journal Infectious Diseases
2002; 186: 1483–1486.
S Hahné ,
Measles outbreak, the Netherlands, 2008. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2010; 16: 567–568.
13. S Van den Hof , Sero-epidemiologic study of measles antibodies in the Netherlands, a cross-sectional study in a national sample and in municipalities with low vaccine coverage. Vaccine 2000; 18: 931–940.
14. HE De Melker , MA Conyn-van Spaendonck . Immunosurveillance and the evaluation of national immunization programmes: a population-based approach. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 121: 637–643.
17. RT Chen , Measles antibody: reevaluation of protective titers. Journal Infectious Diseases 1990; 162: 1036–1042.
23. NJ Gay . The theory of measles elimination: implications for the design of elimination strategies. Journal Infectious Diseases 2004; 189 (Suppl. 1): 27–35.
24. J Wallinga , JCM Heijne , M Kretzschmar . A measles epidemic threshold in a highly vaccinated population. PLoS Medicine 2005; 2: e316.
WL Ruijs ,
How orthodox protestant parents decide on the vaccination of their children: a qualitative study. BMC Public Health
2012; 12: 408.
29. S Van den Hof , Options for improvement of the Dutch measles vaccination schedule. Vaccine 2003; 21: 721–724.
30. MS Lee , Measles seroepidemiology and decay rate of vaccine-induced measles IgG titers in Taiwan, 1995–1997. Vaccine 2007; 19: 4644–4651.
33. C Poethko-Müller , A Mankertz . Sero-epidemiology of measles-specific IgG antibodies and predictive factors for low or missing titers in a German population-based cross-sectional study in children and adolescents (KiGGS). Vaccine 2011; 29: 7949–7959.
B Christenson , M Böttiger . Measles antibody: comparison of long-term vaccination titres, early vaccination titres and naturally acquired immunity to and booster effects on the measles virus. Vaccine
1994; 12: 129–133.
35. C Amela , I Pachón , F de Ory . Evaluation of measles, mumps and rubella immunisation programme in Spain by using a sero-epidemiological survey. European Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 18: 71–79.
37. I Davidkin , Persistence of measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies in an MMR-vaccinated cohort: a 20-year follow-up. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 197: 950–956.
38. MC Rota , Measles serological survey in the Italian population: interpretation of results using a mixture model. Vaccine 2008; 26: 4403–4409.