This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DJ Gubler . Epidemic dengue/dengue hemorrhagic fever as a public health, social and economic problem in the 21st century. Trends in Microbiology 2002; 10: 100–103.
2. RM Nogueira , Dengue in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1986–1998. Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz 1999; 94: 297–304.
3. RM Nogueira , Dengue virus type 3, Brazil, 2002. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 1376–1381.
5. WG Brogdon , JC McAllister . Insecticide resistance and vector control. Emerging Infectious Diseases 1998; 4: 605–613.
7. MLG Macoris , Association of insecticide use and alteration on Aedes aegypti susceptibility status. Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz 2007; 102: 895–900.
11. JB Lima , NV de Melo , D Valle . Residual effect of two Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis products assayed against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) in laboratory and outdoors at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo 2005; 47: 125–130.
12. RJ Pontes , Residual effect of commercial applications of larvicides temefos and Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis on Aedes aegypti larvae in recipients with water renewal. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical 2005; 38: 316–321.
16. MJ Perich , Behavior of resting Aedes aegypti (Culicidae: Diptera) and its relation to ultra-low volume adulticide efficacy in Panama City, Panama. Journal of Medical Entomology 2000; 37: 541–546.
20. A Kroeger , Effective control of dengue vectors with curtains and water container covers treated with insecticide in Mexico and Venezuela: cluster randomised trials. British Medical Journal 2006; 332: 1247–1252.
26. TW Scott , Longitudinal studies of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) in Thailand and Puerto Rico: blood feeding frequency. Journal of Medical Entomology 2000; 37: 89–101.
28. PJ Daborn , A single P450 allele associated with insecticide resistance in Drosophila. Science 2002; 297: 2253–2256.
29. NA Honorio , R Lourenco-de-Oliveira . Frequency of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus larvae and pupae in traps, Brazil. Revista De Saude Publica 2001; 35: 385–391.
30. R Maciel-de-Freitas , Variation in Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) container productivity in a slum and a suburban district of Rio de Janeiro during dry and wet seasons. Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz 2007; 102: 489–496.
34. CC Lord . Seasonal population dynamics and behaviour of insects in models of vector-borne pathogens. Physiological Entomology 2004; 29: 214–222.
36. R Barrera , M Amador , GG Clark . Ecological factors influencing Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) productivity in artificial containers in Salinas, Puerto Rico. Journal of Medical Entomology 2006; 43: 484–492.
39. LM Styer , Mortality and reproductive dynamics of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) fed human blood. Vector Borne Zoonotic Diseases 2007; 7: 86–98.
41. JA Rosenheim , BE Tabashnik . Evolution of pesticide resistance – interactions between generation time and genetic, ecological, and operational factors. Journal of Economic Entomology 1990; 83: 1184–1193.
42. C McCart , A Buckling , RH ffrench-Constant . DDT resistance in flies carries no cost. Current Biology 2005; 15: R587–R589.
43. JB Lima , NV Melo , D Valle . Persistence of Vectobac WDG and Metoprag S-2G against Aedes aegypti larvae using a semi-field bioassay in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo 2005; 47: 7–12.
48. NG Gratz . Lessons of Aedes aegypti control in Thailand. Medical and Veterinary Entomology 1993; 7: 1–10.
50. JA Suaya , Cost-effectiveness of annual targeted larviciding campaigns in Cambodia against the dengue vector Aedes aegypti. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2007; 12: 1026–1036.
52. MAH Braks , Interspecific competition between two invasive species of container mosquitoes, Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae), in Brazil. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2004; 97: 130–139.
53. MAH Braks , SA Juliano , LP Lounibos . Superior reproductive success on human blood without sugar is not limited to highly anthropophilic mosquito species. Medical and Veterinary Entomology 2006; 20: 53–59.
54. TJ Crovello , CS Hacker . Evolutionary strategies in life table characteristics among feral and urban strains of Aedes aegypti. Evolution 1972; 26: 185–196.
55. SR Carpenter . Resource limitation of larval treehole mosquitos subsisting on beech detritus. Ecology 1983; 64: 219–223.
56. JL Rasgon , TW Scott . Impact of population age structure on Wolbachia transgene driver efficacy: ecologically complex factors and release of genetically modified mosquitoes. Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 2004; 34: 707–713.
57. GP Georghiou , CE Taylor . Genetic and biological influences in evolution of insecticide resistance. Journal of Economic Entomology 1977; 70: 319–323.