This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
5. UD Parashar Global illness and deaths caused by rotavirus disease in children. Emerging Infectious Disease 2003; 9: 565–572.
6. T Ruuska , T Vesikari . A prospective study of acute diarrhoea in Finnish children from birth to 2½ years of age. Acta Paediatrica Scandanvia 1991; 80: 500–507.
7. XL Pang , Human caliciviruses in acute gastroenteritis of young children in the community. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2000; 181 (Suppl. 2): 288–294.
8. T Vesikari , C Giaquinto , HI Huppertz . Clinical trials of rotavirus vaccines in Europe. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2006; 25: S42–S47.
11. DP Rice . Estimating the cost of illness. American Journal of Public Health and the Nation's Health 1967; 57: 424–440.
12. TA Hodgson , MR Meiners . Cost-of-illness methodology: a guide to current practices and procedures. Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly Health and Society 1982; 60: 429–462.
14. E Akobundu , Cost-of-illness studies: a review of current methods. Pharmacoeconomics 2006; 24: 869–890.
19. M Soriano-Gabarró , Burden of rotavirus disease in European Union countries. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2006; 25: S7–S11.
21. B Ehlken , Prospective population-based study on rotavirus disease in Germany. Acta Paediatrica 2002; 91: 769–775.
22. M Frühwirth , A prospective evaluation of community acquired gastroenteritis in paediatric practices: impact and disease burden of rotavirus infection. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2001; 84: 393–397.
27. D Isaacs , D Day , S Crook . Childhood gastroenteritis: a population study. British Medical Journal 1986; 293: 545–546.
28. V Waters , Etiology of community-acquired pediatric viral diarrhea: a prospective longitudinal study in hospitals, emergency departments, pediatric practices and child care centers during the winter rotavirus outbreak, 1997 to 1998. The Pediatric Rotavirus Epidemiology Study for Immunization Study Group. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2000; 19: 843–838.
29. CM Zimmerman , Cost of diarrhea-associated hospitalizations and outpatient visits in an insured population of young children in the United States. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2001; 20: 14–19.
30. M Frühwirth , Economic impact of community- and nosocomially acquired rotavirus gastroenteritis in Austria. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2001; 20: 184–188.
32. JA Roberts , The study of infectious intestinal disease in England: socio-economic impact. Epidemiology and Infection 2003; 130: 1–11.
33. JS Noel , Impact of rotavirus infection on a paediatric hospital in the east end of London. Journal of Clinical Pathology 1994; 47: 67–70.
35. DL Cooper , What can analysis of calls to NHS direct tell us about the epidemiology of gastrointestinal infections in the community? Journal of Infection 2003; 46: 101–105.