This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. C Hedberg , An outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis infection at a fast-food restaurant: implications for foodhandler-associated transmission. Journal of Infectious Disease 1991; 164: 1135–1140.
4. N Khuri-Bulos , Foodhandler-associated Salmonella outbreak in a University Hospital despite routine surveillance cultures of kitchen employees. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1994; 15: 311–314.
5. A Faustini , An outbreak of Salmonella hadar associated with food consumption at a building site canteen. European Journal of Epidemiology 1998; 14: 99–106.
6. ME Patrick , Salmonella Enteritidis infections, United States, 1985–1999. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2004; 10: 1–7.
10. U Skibsted , Random amplification of polymorphic DNA, pulsed-field electrophoresis and phage-typing in the analysis of a hospital outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis. Journal of Hospital Infection 1998; 38: 207–216.
17. JV Campbell , An outbreak of Salmonella serotype Thompson associated with fresh cilantro. Journal of Infectious Disease 2001; 183: 984–987.
18. JA Adachi , Enteric pathogens in Mexican sauces of popular restaurants in Guadalajara, Mexico, and Houston, Texas. Annals of Internal Medicine 2002; 136: 884–887.
19. TW Hennessy , A national outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis infections from ice cream. New England Journal of Medicine 1996; 334: 1281–1286.
21. DS Buchwald , MJ. Blaser A review of human Salmonellosis II. Duration of excretion following infection with nontyphi Salmonella. Reviews of Infectious Diseases 1984; 6: 345–355.
22. CR Braden . Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis and eggs: a national epidemic in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2006; 43: 512–517.
24. C Wheeler , An outbreak of Hepatitis A associated with green onions. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 353: 890–897.
27. CW Hedberg , Outbreaks of salmonellosis associated with eating uncooked tomatoes: implications for public health. Epidemiology & Infection 1999; 122: 385–393.
28. CK Bower , MA Daeschel . Resistance responses of microorganisms in food environments. International Journal of Food Microbiology 1999; 50: 33–44.
31. MS Dryden , Asymptomatic food handlers as the source of nosocomial salmonellosis. Journal of Hospital Infections 1994; 28: 195–208.
33. JVS Pether , RJD Scott . Salmonella carriers are the dangerous? A study to identify finger contamination with salmonellae by convalescent carriers. Journal of Infection 1982; 5: 81–85.
35. B Imhoff , Burden of self-reported acute diarrheal illness in FoodNet surveillance areas, 1998–1999. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 38 (Suppl.): 219–226.
36. M Kuusi , Internet use and epidemiologic investigation of gastroenteritis outbreak. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2004; 10: 447–450.
37. LM Fox , Emergency survey methods in acute cryptosporidiosis outbreak. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 729–731.
38. P Srikantiah , Web-based investigation of multistate salmonellosis outbreak. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 610–612.
39. TK Schleyer , JL Forrest . Methods for the design and administration of web-based surveys. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 2000; 7: 416–425.
40. TS Ghosh , Internet- versus telephone-based local outbreak investigations. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2008; 14: 975–977.
42. JH Pryor , Rapid response to a conjunctivitis outbreak: the use of technology to leverage information. Journal of American College Health 2002; 50: 267–271.
43. KA Viney , JM McAnulty . The evaluation of web-based data collection for enhanced surveillance of cryptosporidiosis. NSW Public Health Bulletin 2008; 19: 15–19.
44. H Raat , Feasibility, reliability, and validity of adolescent health status measurement by the Child Health Questionnaire Child Form (CHQ-CF): internet administration compared with the standard paper version. Quality of Life Research 2007; 16: 675–685.