This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JD Greig , A Ravel . Analysis of foodborne outbreak data reported internationally for source attribution. International Journal of Food Microbiology 2009; 130: 77–87.
3. E Scallan , Foodborne illness acquired in the United States – major pathogens. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2011; 17: 7–15.
4. SL Foley , AM Lynne , R Nayak . Salmonella challenges: prevalence in swine and poultry and potential pathogenicity of such isolates. Journal of Animal Science 2008; 86: E149–162.
6. F Boyen , Non-typhoidal Salmonella infections in pigs: a closer look at epidemiology, pathogenesis and control. Veterinary Microbiology 2008; 130: 1–19.
DMA Lo Fo Wong ,
Epidemiology and control measures for Salmonella in pigs and pork. Livestock Production Science
2002; 76: 215–222.
8. A Rajic , Longitudinal study of Salmonella species in 90 Alberta swine finishing farms. Veterinary Microbiology 2005; 105: 47–56.
9. A Farzan , A longitudinal study of the Salmonella status on Ontario swine farms within the time period 2001–2006. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2008; 5: 579–588.
10. PM Dorr , Longitudinal study of Salmonella dispersion and the role of environmental contamination in commercial swine production systems. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2009; 75: 1478–1486.
11. JA Funk , PR Davies , MA Nichols . Longitudinal study of Salmonella enterica in growing pigs reared in multiple-site swine production systems. Veterinary Microbiology 2001; 83: 45–60.
12. S Kranker , Longitudinal study of Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium infection in three Danish farrow-to-finish swine herds. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2003; 41: 2282–2288.
14. PA Beloeil , Longitudinal serological responses to Salmonella enterica of growing pigs in a subclinically infected herd. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2003; 60: 207–226.
15. MH Rostagno , HS Hurd , JD McKean . Variation of bacteriologic and serologic Salmonella enterica prevalence between cohorts within finishing swine production farms. Food Research International 2012; 45: 867–870.
16. DJ Kingston . A comparison of culturing drag swabs and litter for identification of infections with Salmonella spp. in commercial chicken flocks. Avian Diseases 1981; 25: 513–516.
17. PR Davies , Comparison of methods for isolating Salmonella bacteria from faeces of naturally infected pigs. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2000; 89: 169–177.
18. PJ Fedorka-Cray , Transmission of Salmonella Typhimurium to swine. Veterinary Microbiology 1994; 41: 333–344.
19. RL van Winsen , Monitoring of transmission of Salmonella enterica serovars in pigs using bacteriological and serological detection methods. Veterinary Microbiology 2001; 80: 267–274.
20. J Osterberg , SS Lewerin , P Wallgren . Direct and indirect transmission of four Salmonella enterica serotypes in pigs. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica 2010; 52: 1–7.
21. PR Davies , Prevalence of Salmonella in finishing swine raised in different production systems in North Carolina, USA. Epidemiology and Infection 1997; 119: 237–244.
23. PB Bahnson , Herd-level risk factors for Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica in U. S. market pigs. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2006; 76: 249–262.
25. B Wang , Sub-iliac lymph nodes at slaughter lack ability to predict Salmonella enterica prevalence for swine farms. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2010; 7: 795–800.
27. PJ van der Wolf , A longitudinal study of Salmonella enterica infections in high-and low-seroprevalence finishing swine herds in The Netherlands. Veterinary Quarterly 2001; 23: 116–121.
28. A Rajic , Salmonella infections in ninety Alberta swine finishing farms: serological prevalence, correlation between culture and serology, and risk factors for infection. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2007; 4: 169–177.
29. G Merialdi , Longitudinal study of Salmonella infection in Italian farrow-to-finish swine herds. Zoonoses and Public Health 2008; 55: 222–226.
30. GB Vigo , Salmonella enterica subclinical infection: bacteriological, serological, pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, and antimicrobial resistance profiles-longitudinal study in a three-site farrow-to-finish farm. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2009; 6: 965–972.
32. C Mannion , Efficacy of cleaning and disinfection on pig farms in Ireland. Veterinary Record 2007; 161: 371–375.
35. JA Funk , PR Davies , MA Nichols . The effect of faecal sample weight on detection of Salmonella enterica in swine feces. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2000; 12: 412–418.
36. MH Rostagno , Culture methods differ on the isolation of Salmonella enterica serotypes from naturally contaminated swine faecal samples. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2005; 17: 80–83.
37. BC Love , MH Rostagno . Comparison of five culture methods for Salmonella isolation from swine faecal samples of known infection status. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2008; 20: 620–624.