This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JJ Siebenga , Norovirus illness is a global problem: emergence and spread of norovirus GII.4 variants, 2001–2007. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2009; 200: 802–812.
2. BA Lopman , Increase in viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in Europe and epidemic spread of new norovirus variant. Lancet 2004; 363: 682–688.
3. RA Bull and PA White . Mechanisms of GII.4 norovirus evolution. Trends in Microbiology 2011; 19: 233–240.
4. XL Pang , Influence of novel norovirus GII.4 variants on gastroenteritis outbreak dynamics in Alberta and the northern territories, Canada between 2000 and 2008. PLoS ONE 2010; 5: 1–8.
5. ET Tu , Epidemics of gastroenteritis during 2006 were associated with the spread of norovirus GII.4 variants 2006a and 2006b. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2008; 46: 13–20.
7. G Belliot , Evidence of emergence of new GGII.4 norovirus variants from gastroenteritis outbreak survey in France during the 2007–2008 and 2008–2009 winter seasons. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2010; 48: 994–998.
8. S Ramirez , Emerging GII.4 norovirus variants affect children with diarrhoea in Palermo, Italy in 2006. Journal of Medical Virology 2009; 81: 139–145.
9. JP Harris , Deaths from Norovirus among the elderly, England and Wales. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2008; 14: 1546–1552.
12. WE Adamson , Emergence of a new norovirus variant in Scotland in 2006. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 4058–4060.
13. JE Kaplan , The frequency of a Norwalk-like pattern of illness in acute gastroenteritis. American Journal of Public Health 1982; 72: 1329–1332.
14. RA Bull , Emergence of a new norovirus genotype II.4 variant associated with global outbreaks of gastroenteritis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 327–333.
15. K Mattison , Multicentre comparison of two norovirus ORF-2-based genotyping protocols. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2009; 47: 3927–3932.
16. BA Lopman , Clinical manifestation of norovirus gastroenteritis in health care settings. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 39: 318–324.
17. A Kroneman , Analysis of integrated virological and epidemiological reports of norovirus outbreaks collected within the foodborne viruses in Europe network from 1 July 2001 to 30 June 2006. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 2956–2965.
19. MK Nayak , A new variant of norovirus GII.4/2007 and inter-genotype recombinant strains of NVGII causing acute watery diarrhoea among children in Kolkata, India. Journal of Clinical Virology 2009; 45: 223–229.
20. K Motomura , Divergent evolution of norovirus GII/4 by genome recombination from May 2006 to February 2009 in Japan. Journal of Virology 2010; 84: 8085–8097.
23. NM Kaplan , Detection and molecular characterisation of rotavirus and norovirus infections in Jordanian children with acute gastroenteritis. Archives of Virology 2011; 156: 1477–1480.
24. JL Cannon , Herd immunity to GII.4 noroviruses is supported by outbreak patient sera. Journal of Virology 2009; 83: 5363–5374.
25. AM Hutson , RL Atmar , MK Estes . Norovirus disease: changing epidemiology and host susceptibility factors. Trends in Microbiology 2004; 12: 279–287.
26. BA Lopman , Host, weather and virological factors drive norovirus epidemiology: time-series analysis of laboratory surveillance data in England and Wales. PLoS ONE 2009; 4: e6671.
27. J Rohayem . Norovirus seasonality and the potential impact of climate change. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2009; 15: 524–527.
28. M Gallimore , Inter-seasonal diversity of norovirus genotypes: emergence and selection of virus variants. Archives of Virology 2007; 152: 1295–1303.
30. J Siebenga , Epochal evolution of GGII.4 norovirus capsid proteins from 1995 to 2006. Journal of Virology 2007; 81: 9932–9941.
31. DJ Allen , Analysis of amino acid variation in the P2 domian of the GII-4 norovirus VP1 protein reveals putative variant-specific epitopes. PLoS ONE 2008; 3: e1485.
32. DJ Allen , Characterisation of a GII-4 norovirus variant-specific surface-exposed site involved in antibody binding. Virology Journal 2009; 6: 150.
34. K Bok , Evolutionary dynamics of GII.4 noroviruses over a 34-year period. Journal of Virology 2009; 83: 11890–11901.
35. RA Bull , Norovirus recombination in ORF1/ORF2 overlap. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 1079–1085.
36. RA Bull , MM Tanaka , PA White . Norovirus recombination. Journal of General Virology 2007; 88: 3347–3359.