This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. SL Davis , Epidemiology and outcomes of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 1705–1711.
6. RS Daum . Skin and soft-tissue infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. New England Journal of Medicine 2007; 357: 380–390.
9. G Turabelidze , Personal hygiene and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 422–427.
10. K Como-Sabette , Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus at canoe camp. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 1759–1761.
11. A Borer , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in institutionalized adults with developmental disabilities. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 966–970.
13. CE Zinderman , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among military recruits. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2004; 10: 941–944.
17. M Gilbert , Outbreak in Alberta of community-acquired (USA300) methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in people with a history of drug use, homelessness or incarceration. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2006; 175: 149–154.
19. DM Nguyen , L Mascola , E Bancroft . Recurring methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in a football team. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 526–532.
20. M Müller-Premru , New strains of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with Panton-Valentine leukocidin causing an outbreak of severe soft tissue infection in a football team. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2005; 24: 848–850.
25. JA Rihn , Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus outbreak in a local high school football team unsuccessful interventions. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2005; 24: 841–843.
26. SV Kazakova , A clone of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among professional football players. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 352: 468–475.
28. DM Sosin , An outbreak of furunculosis among high school athletes. American Journal of Sports Medicine 1989; 17: 828–832.
29. PC Bartlett , RJ Martin , BR Cahill . Furunculosis in a high school football team. American Journal of Sports Medicine 1982; 10: 371–374.
31. LK McDougal , Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis typing of oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates from the United States: establishing a national database. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2003; 41: 5113–5120.
32. N Walker , R Gupta , J Cheesbrough . Blood pressure cuffs: friend or foe? Journal of Hospital Infection 2006; 63: 167–169.
33. JOM Ormerod , Risk of MRSA transmission from tourniquets. Journal of Hospital Infection 2006; 64: 300–301.
34. G French , Contamination of doctors' and nurses' pens with nosocomial pathogens. Lancet 1998; 351: 213.
37. MA Beard-Peglar , E Stubbs , AM Vickery . Observations on the resistance to drying of staphylococcal strains. Journal of Medical Microbiology 1988; 26: 251–255.