This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
6. K Takeshi , Simple method for detection of Clostridium botulinum type A to F neurotoxin genes by ploymerase chain reaction. Microbiology and Immunology 1996; 40: 5–11.
7. M Lindström , Multiplex PCR assay for detection and identification of Clostridium botulinum types A, B, E, and F in food and fecal material. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2001; 67: 5694–5699.
8. R Schaumann , Inducible metronidazole resistance in nim-positive and nim-negative Bacteroides fragilis group strains after several passages metronidazole containing columbia agar plates. Infection 2005; 33: 368–372.
11. CU Tuazon , H Miller , D Shamsuddin . Antimicrobial activity of street heroin. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1980; 142: 944.
12. J McLauchlin , An investigation into the microflora of heroin. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2002; 51: 1001–1008.
13. MM Brett , G Hallas , O Mpamugo . Wound botulism in the UK and Ireland. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2004; 53: 555–561.
14. AF Merrison , Wound botulism associated with subcutaneous drug use. British Medical Journal 2002; 325: 1020–1021.
18. D Akbulut , KA Grant , J McLauchlin . Improvement in laboratory diagnosis of wound botulism and tetanus among injecting illicit-drug users by use of real-time PCR assays for neurotoxin gene fragments. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2005; 43: 4342–4348.
19. DJ Passaro , Wound botulism associated with black tar heroin among injecting drug users. Journal of the American Medical Association 1998; 279: 859–863.
20. SB Werner , Wound botulism in California, 1951–1998: recent epidemic in heroin injectors. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2000; 31: 1018–1024.
23. AC Kimura , Outbreak of necrotizing fasciitis due to Clostridium sordellii among black-tar heroin users. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 38: 87–91.
26. M Schröter , Epidemiological dynamics of hepatitis C virus among 747 German individuals: new subtypes on the advance. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2002; 40: 1866–1868.
27. JL Wylie
, L Shah
, AM Jolly
. Demographic, risk behaviour and personal network variables associated with prevalent Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, and HIV infection in injection drug users in Winnipeg, Canada
. BMC Public Health 2006
28. RJ Gordon , FD Lowy . Bacterial infections in drug users. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 353: 1945–1954.
29. A Fowler , A Mackay . Community-acquired methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus pyomyositis in an intravenous drug user. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2006; 55: 123–125.
30. FS Gutzwiller , Botulism: prevention, clinical diagnosis, therapy and possible threat. Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift 2008; 133: 840–845.
31. JG Cooper , Clostridium botulinum: an increasing complication of heroin misuse. European Journal of Emergency Medicine 2005; 12: 251–252.
32. MA Wainberg . The need to promote public health in the field of illicit drug use. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2006; 175: 1395–1396.