This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. PJ Barnes . Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. New England Journal of Medicine 2000; 343: 269–278.
3. H Kanazawa , K Hirata , J Yoshikawa . Accelerated decline of lung function in COPD patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Chest 2003; 123: 596–599.
11. J Wanger , Standardisation of measurement of lung volumes. European Respiratory Journal 2005; 26: 511–522.
12. N Macintyre , Standardisation of the single-breath determination of carbon monoxide uptake in the lung. European Respiratory Journal 2005; 26: 720–735.
16. HL Tillman , MP Manns . Mode of hepatitis C virus infection, epidemiology, and chronicity rate in the general population and risk groups [Abstract]. Digestive Diseases Sciences 1996; 41: 27–40.
17. CE Ramarakoto , Seroprevalence of hepatitis C and associated risk factors in urban areas of Antananarivo, Madagascar. BMC Infectious Diseases 2008; 8: 25–31.
18. E Martínez-Bauer , Hospital admission is a relevant source of hepatitis C virus acquisition in Spain [Abstract]. Journal of Hepatology 2008; 48: 20–27.
19. M Karmochkine , A case-control study of risk factors for hepatitis C infection in patients with unexplained routes of infection. Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2006; 13: 775–782.
20. X Forns , Nosocomial transmission of HCV in the liver unit of a tertiary care center. Hepatology 2005; 41: 115–122.
21. J Moormann , Hepatitis C virus and the lung – implications for therapy. Chest 2005; 128: 2882–2892.
23. PT Diaz , HIV infection increases susceptibility to smoking-induced emphysema. Chest 2000; 117: 285S.
25. M Saetta , CD8+ T-lymphocytes in peripheral airways of smokers with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 1998; 157: 822–826.
26. LM Fabbri , Differences in airway inflammation in patients with fixed airflow obstruction due to asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2003; 167: 418–424.
27. JP Moormann , Induction of p38 and gCIqR-dependent IL-8 expression in pulmonary fibroblasts by soluble hepatitis C core protein. Respiratory Research 2005; 6: 105–115.
30. C Mallette , MA Flynn , K Promrat . Outcome of screening for hepatitis C virus infection based on risk factors. American Journal of Gastroenterology 2008; 103: 131–137.