This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. CR Madeley , BP Cosgrove . Viruses in infantile gastroenteritis. Lancet 1975; ii: 124.
2. CR Madeley , BP Cosgrove . 28 nm particles in faeces in infantile gastroenteritis. Lancet 1975; ii: 451–2.
3. MM Willcocks , MJ Carter , CR Madeley . Astroviruses. Rev Med Virol 1992; 2: 97–106.
5. LS Oshiro , CE Haley , RR Roberts , A 27 nanometre virus isolated during an outbreak of acute infectious nonbacterial gastroenteritis in a convalescent hospital: a possible new serotype. J Infect Dis 1981; 143: 791–5.
7. JG Silcock , MM Willcocks , A Codd , MJ Carter , CO Record . Virus involvement in community acquired diarrhoea examined by stool dot-blot hybridization and electron microscopy. Europ J Gastroent Hepatol 1993; 5: 601–6.
8. AR Oliver , AD Phillips . An electron microscopical investigation of faecal small round viruses. J Med Virol 1988; 24: 211–18.
9. JE Herrmann , DN Taylor , P Echeverria , NR Blacklow . Astroviruses as a cause of gastroenteritis in children. N Eng J Med 1991; 324: 1757–60.
12. I Oishi , K Yamazaki , T Kimoto , A large outbreak of acute gastroenteritis associated with astrovirus among students and teachers in Osaka, Japan. J Infect Dis 1994; 170: 439–43.
13. S Myint , R Manley , WD Cubitt . Viruses in bathing waters. Lancet 1994; 343: 1640–1.
15. JB Kurtz , TW Lee . Human astrovirus serotypes. Lancet 1984; ii: 1405.
16. TW Lee , JB Kurtz . Serial propagation of astrovirus in tissue culture with the aid of trypsin. J Gen Virol 1981; 57: 421–4.
17. MM Willcocks , MJ Carter , FR Laidler , CR Madeley . Growth and characterization of human faecal astrovirus in a continuous cell line. Arch Virol 1990; 113: 73–82.
18. MM. Willcocks MJ Carter . The 3′ terminal sequence of a human astrovirus. Arch Virol 1992; 124: 279–89.
19. MM Willcocks , MJ Carter . Identification and sequence determination of the capsid protein gene of human astrovirus serotype 1. FEMS Micro Lett 1993; 114: 1–8.
21. MM Willcocks , CR Madeley , TDK Brown , MJ Carter . The complete sequence of a human astrovirus. J Gen Virol 1994; 75: 1785–8.
22. B Jiang , SS Monroe , EV Koonin , SE Stine , RI Glass . RNA sequence of astrovirus: distinctive genomic organization and a putative retrovirus-like ribosomal frame-shifting signal that directs the viral replicase synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1993; 90: 10539–43.
26. A Sanchez-Fauquier , AL Carrascosa , JL Carrascosa , Characterisation of a human astrovirus serotype 2 structural protein (VP26) that contains an epitope involved in virus neutralization. Virology 1994; 201: 312–20.