This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. L Friedman , Tuberculosis, AIDS and death among substance abusers on welfare in New York City. New England Journal of Medicine 1996; 334: 828–833.
8. R Muga , Changes in the incidence of tuberculosis in a cohort of HIV-seroconverters before and after the introduction of HAART. AIDS 2007; 21: 2521–2527.
9. PA Selwyn , A prospective study of the risk of tuberculosis among intravenous drug users with human immunodeficiency virus infection. New England Journal of Medicine 1989; 320: 545–550.
12. L Richeldi . An update on the diagnosis of tuberculosis infection. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2006; 174: 736–742.
13. PJ Converse , Comparison of a tuberculin Interferon-gamma assay with the tuberculin skin test in high-risk adults: effect of human immunodeficiency virus infection. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1997; 176: 144–150.
14. M Pai , LW Riley , JM Colford . Interferon gamma assays in the immunodiagnosis of tuberculosis: a systematic review. Lancet Infectious Diseases 2004; 4: 761–776.
15. SM Arend , Tuberculin skin testing and in vitro T cell responses to ESAT-6 and culture filtrate protein 10 after infection with Mycobacterium marinum or M. kansasii. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2002; 186: 1797–1807.
17. A Lalvani , Enumeration of T cells specific for RDI-encoded antigens suggest a high prevalence of latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in healthy urban Indians. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2001; 183: 469–477.
19. PK Dewan , Feasibility, acceptability, and cost of tuberculosis testing by whole-blood interferon-gamma assay. BMC Infectious Diseases 2006; 6: 47.
22. S Liebeschuetz , Diagnosis of tuberculosis in South African children with a T-cell-based assay: a prospective cohort study. Lancet 2004; 364: 2196–2203.
23. EW Taggart , Evaluation of an In Vitro assay for Interferon gamma production in response to the Mycobacterium tuberculosis-synthesized peptide antigens ESAT-6 and CFP-10 and the PPD skin test. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 2006; 125: 467–473.
26. I Brock , Latent tuberculosis in HIV positive, diagnosed by the M. tuberculosis specific Interferon Gamma test. Respiratory Research 2006; 7: 56.
27. MX Rangaka , Effect of HIV-infection on T-cell-based and skin test detection of tuberculosis infection. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2007; 175: 514–520.