This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. ED Charlebois , Population-based community prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the urban poor of San Francisco. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2002; 34: 425–433.
5. EG Girou , Selective screening of carriers for control of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in high-risk hospital areas with a high level of endemic MRSA. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1998; 27: 543–550.
6. MD Sanford , Efficient detection and long-term persistence of the carriage of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1994; 19: 1123–1128.
7. D Mertz , Throat swabs are necessary to reliably detect carriers of Staphylococcus aureus. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2007; 45: 475–477.
8. GE Bignardi , B Lowes . MRSA screening: throat swabs are better than nose swabs. Journal of Hospital Infection 2009; 71: 373–374.
14. AE Hidron , Risk factors for colonization with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in patients admitted to an urban hospital: emergence of community-associated MRSA nasal carriage. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005; 41: 159–166.
15. E Lloyd-Smith , Determinants of hospitalization for a cutaneous injection-related infection among injection drug users: a cohort study. BMC Public Health 2010; 10: 327.