This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. AHW Hauschild , R Hilsheimer . Purification and characteristics of the enterotoxin of Clostridium perfringens type A. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 1971; 17: 1425–1433.
5. MR Sarker , RJ Carman , BA McClane . Inactivation of the gene (cpe) encoding Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin eliminates the ability of two cpe-positive C. perfringens type A human gastrointestinal disease isolates to affect rabbit ileal loops. Molecular Microbiology 1999; 33: 946–958.
8. MM Brett , Detection of Clostridium perfringens and its enterotoxin in cases of sporadic diarrhoea. Jounal of Clinical Pathology 1992; 45: 609–611.
11. R Williams , Diarrhoea due to enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens: clinical features and management of a cluster of ten cases. Age and Ageing 1985; 14: 296–302.
13. A Wada , Nosocomial diarrhoea in the elderly due to enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens. Microbiology and Immunology 1996; 40: 767–771.
14. T Fukao , An outbreak of diarrheal disease caused by enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens following exposure to a contaminated enviroment in a nursing home [in Japanese]. Kansenshogaku Zasshi 2004; 78: 32–39.
15. T Yamagishi , Persistent high numbers of Clostridium perfringens in the intestines of Japanese aged adults. Japanese Journal of Microbiology 1976; 20: 397–403.
17. K Miyamoto , Q Wen , BA McClane . Multiplex PCR genotyping assay that distinguishes between isolates of Clostridium perfringens type A carrying a chromosomal enterotoxin gene (cpe) locus, a plasmid cpe locus with an IS1470-like sequence, or a plasmid cpe locus with an IS1151 sequence. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42: 1552–1558.
18. K Miyamoto , Complete sequencing and diversity analysis of the enterotoxin-encoding plasmids in Clostridium perfringens type A non-food-borne human gastrointestinal disease isolates. Journal of Bacteriology 2006; 188: 1585–1598.
19. TL Bannam , Functional identification of conjugation and replication regions of the tetracycline resistance plasmid pCW3 from Clostridium perfringens. Journal of Bacteriology 2006; 188: 4942–4951.
23. O Mpamugo , T Donovan , MM Brett . Enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens as a cause of sporadic cases of diarrhoea. Journal of Medical Microbiology 1995; 43: 442–445.
26. S Brynestad , Enterotoxin plasmid from Clostridium perfringens is conjugative. Infection and Immunity 2001; 69: 3483–3487.
30. P Lahti , Clostridium perfringens type A strains carrying a plasmid-borne enterotoxin gene (genotype IS1151-cpe or IS1470-like-cpe) as a common cause of food poisoning. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 371–373.