This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. GL Autorino , West Nile virus epidemic in horses, Tuscany region, Italy. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 1372–1378.
3. P Calistri , Epidemiology of West Nile in Europe and in the Mediterranean basin. Open Virology Journal 2010; 4: 29–37.
5. M Eiden , Two new real-time quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction assays with unique target sites for the specific and sensitive detection of lineages 1 and 2 West Nile virus strains. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2010; 22: 748–753.
9. G Savini , Evidence of West Nile virus lineage 2 circulation in Northern Italy. Veterinary Microbiology 2012; 158: 267–273.
10. JD Thompson , CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Research 1994; 22: 4673–4680.
12. H Zhou , Homology modeling and molecular dynamics study of West Nile virus NS3 protease: a molecular basis for the catalytic activity increased by the NS2B cofactor. Proteins 2006; 65: 692–701.
13. AC Brault , A single positively selected West Nile viral mutation confers increased virogenesis in American crows. Nature Genetics 2007; 39: 1162–1166.
14. E Sotelo , Characterization of West Nile virus isolates from Spain: new insights into the distinct West Nile virus eco-epidemiology in the western Mediterranean. Virology 2009; 395: 289–297.
15. E Sotelo , Pathogenicity of two recent Western Mediterranean West Nile virus isolates in a wild bird species indigenous to Southern Europe: the red-legged partridge. Veterinary Research 2011; 42: 11.