This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. S. Y. Lee , R. Florida and Z. J. Acs (2004) Creativity and entrepreneurship: a regional analysis of new firm formation. Regional Studies, 38, pp. 879–891.
8. R. Florida (2003) Entrepreneurship, creativity and regional economic growth. In: D. M. Hart (ed.) The Emergency of Entrepreneurship Policy (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press).
12. J. Peck (2005) Struggling with the creative class. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 29(4), pp. 740–770.
15. R. C. Kloosterman and J. Rath (2001) Immigrant entrepreneurs in advanced economies. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 27(2), pp. 189–201.
19. S. Wennekers , A. van Stel , R. Thurik and P. Reynolds (2005) Nascent entrepreneurship and the level of economic development. Small Business Economics, 24, pp. 293–309.
25. H. van Delft , C. Gorter and P. Nijkamp (2000) In search of ethnic entrepreneurship opportunities in the city: a comparative policy study. Environment and Planning: Government and Policy, 18, 429–451.
28. D. Jones-Evans and M. Klofsten (1997) Universities and local economic development: the case of Linkoping. European Planning Studies, 5(1), pp. 77–94.
29. M. Bommer and D. Jalajas (2002) The innovation work environment of high-tech SMEs in the USA and Canada. R and D Management, 32(5), pp. 379–386.
32. T. Bates , W. E. Jackson III and J. H. Johnson Jr (2007) Introduction to the special issue on advancing research on minority entrepreneurship. Annals of the American Academy of Political Science and Social Science, 613, 10–17.
42. G. Hardin (1974) Living on a lifeboat. Bioscience, 24, pp. 561–568.
45. E. Masurel and P. Nijkamp (2004) Differences between first-generation and second-generation ethnic start-ups; implications for a new support policy. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 22(5), pp. 721–737.
47. E. Masurel , P. Nijkamp and G. Vindigni (2004) Breeding places for ethnic entrepreneurs: a comparative marketing approach. Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 16(1), pp. 77–86.
49. T. Volery (2007) Ethnic entrepreneurship: a theoretical framework. In: L. P. Dana (ed.) Handbook of Research on Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship: A Co-evolutionary View on Resource Management (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar).
50. N. Brenner (2000) The urban question: reflections on Henri Lefebvre, urban theory and the politics of scale. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 24(2), pp. 361–378.
54. D. S. Massey (1988) Economic development and international migration in comparative perspective. Population and Development Review, 14, 383–413.
57. E. Razin and I. Light (1998) Ethnic entrepreneurs in America's largest metropolitan areas. Urban Affairs Review, 33, pp. 332–360.
60. K. Glancey , M. Greig and M. Pettigrew (1998) Entrepreneurial dynamics in the small business service sector. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research, 4(3), pp. 249–268.
63. B. R. Schiller and P. Crewson (1997) Entrepreneurial origins: a longitudinal inquiry. Economic Inquiry, 35(3), 523–531.
68. R. Waldinger (1994) The making of an immigrant niche. International Migration Review, 28(1), pp. 3–28.
69. E. Santarelli and M. Vivarelli (2007) Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry. survival and growth, Industrial and Corporate Change, 16(3), pp. 455–488.
70. A. C. Cooper and K. W. Artz (1995) Determinants of satisfaction for entrepreneurs. Journal of Business Venturing, 10(6), pp. 439–457.