1. Bejan, A. (2016) The Physics of Life (New York: St. Martin’s Press).
2. Bejan, A. (2009) The golden ratio predicted: Vision, cognition and locomotion as a single design in nature. International Journal of Design & Nature and Ecodynamics, 4(2), pp. 97–104.
3. Basak, T. (2013) The law of life: The bridge between Physics and Biology.
Physics of Life Reviews, 8, pp. 249–252.
4. Miguel, A.F. (2011) The physics principle of the generation of flow configuration. Physics of Life Reviews, 8(3), pp. 243–244.
5. Reis, A.H. (2011) Design in nature, and the laws of physics. Physics of Life Reviews, 8(3), pp. 255–256.
6. Wang, L. (2011) Universality of design and its evolution. Physics of Life Reviews, 8(3), pp. 257–258.
7. Lorenzini, G. and Biserni, C. (2011) The constructal law: From design in nature to social dynamics and wealth as physics. Physics of Life Reviews, 8(3), pp. 259–260.
8. Lucia, U., Ponzetto, A. and Deisboeck, T.S. (2014) A thermo-physical analysis of the proton pump vacuolar-ATPase: The constructal approach. Scientific Reports, 4, p. 6763.
9. Lucia, U., Grazzini, G., Montrucchio, B., Grisolia, G., Borchiellini, R., Gervino, G., Castagnoli, C., Ponzetto, A. and Silvagno, F. (2015) Constructal thermodynamics combined with infrared experiments to evaluate temperature differences in cells. Scientific Reports, 5, p. 11587.
10. Lucia, U., Ponzetto, A. and Deisboeck, T.S. (2016) Constructal approach to cell membranes transport: Amending the ‘Norton-Simon’ hypothesis for cancer treatment. Scientific Reports, 6, p. 19451.
11. Bejan, A. (2012) Why the bigger live longer and travel farther: Animals, vehicles, rivers and the winds. Scientific Reports, 2, no.
12. Bejan, A. and Lorente, S. (2011) The constructal law origin of the logistics S curve. Journal of Applied Physics, 110, 024901.
13. Wechsatol, W., Lorente, S. and Bejan, A. (2002) Optimal tree-shaped networks for fluid flow in a disc-shaped body. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 45, pp. 4911–4924.
14. Fischer, B. and Weber, H. (1993) Express saccades and visual attention. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 16, pp. 553–610.
15. Butler, K.M., Zacks, R.T. and Henderson, J.M. (1999) Suppression of reflexive saccades in younger and older adults. Memory & Cognition, 27(4), pp. 584–591.
16. Boghen, D., Troost, B.T., Daroft, R.B., Dell’Osso, L.F. and Birkett, J.E. (1974) Velocity characteristics of normal human saccades. Investigative Ophthalmology, 13(8), pp. 619–623.
17. Harris, C.M., Hainline, L., Abramov, L., Lemerise, E. and Camenzuli, C. (1998) The distribution of fixation durations in infants and naïve adults. Vision Research, 28(3), pp. 419–432.
18. Harris, C.M. and Wolpert, D.M. (2006) The main sequence of saccades optimizes speed-accuracy trade-off. Biological Cybernetics, 95, pp. 21–29.
19. Bahill, A.T. and Stark, L. (1975) Overlapping saccades and glissades are produced by fatigue in the saccadic eye movement system. Experimental Neurology, 48, pp. 95–106.
20. McFarland, R.A. (1971) Understanding fatigue in modern life. Ergonomics, 14, pp. 1–10.
21. Herzog, M.H., Kammer, T. and Scharnowski, F. (2016) Time slices: What is the duration of a percept? PLOS Biology, 12 April 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.1002433.
22. Cichini, G.M. and Morrone, M.C. (2009) Shifts in spatial attention affect the perceived duration of events. Journal of Vision, 9(1), pp. 1–13.
23. Levin, I. and Zakay, D. (Eds) (1989) Subjective time and attentional resource allocation: An integrated model of time estimation. Time and Human Cognition: A Life-span Perspective
(Amsterdam: North-Holland), pp. 365–397.
24. Bruno, A., Ayhan, I. and Johnston, A. (2015) Changes in apparent duration following shifts in perpetual timing. Journal of Vision, 15(6), pp. 1–18.
25. Pöppel, E. (1997) A hierarchical model of temporal perception. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 1(2), p. 56.
26. Eagleman, D.M. and Sejnowski, T.J. (2000) Motion integration and postdiction in visual awareness. Science, 287, pp. 2036–2038.
27. VanRullen, R. and Koch, C. (2003) Is perception discrete or continuous? TRENDS in Cognitive Sciences, 7(5), pp. 207–213.
28. Hainline, L., Turkel, J., Abramov, I., Lemerise, E. and Harris, C.M. (1984) Characteristics of saccades in human infants. Vision Research, 24(12), pp. 1771–1780.
29. Sharpe, J.A. and Zackon, D.H. (1987) Senescent saccades. Acta Otolaryngol (Stockh), 104, pp. 422–428.
30. Myerson, J., Hale, S., Wagstaff, D., Poon, L.W. and Smith, G.A. (1990) The information-loss model: A mathematical theory of age-related cognitive slowing. Psychological Review, 97(4), pp. 475–487.
31. Blanco, N.J., Love, B.C., Ramscar, M. and Otto, A.R. (2016) Exploratory decision-making as a function of lifelong experience, not cognitive decline. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 145(3), pp. 284–297.