This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. M Gadd , Do immigrants have an increased prevalence of unhealthy behaviours and risk factors for coronary heart disease? European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation 2005; 12: 535–541.
5. E Hedlund , Migration and coronary heart disease: a study of Finnish twins living in Sweden and their co-twins residing in Finland. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health 2007; 35: 468–474.
6. NR Poulter , Migration-induced changes in blood pressure: a controlled longitudinal study. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology; 12: 211–216.
7. N Unwin , Rural to urban migration and changes in cardiovascular risk factors in Tanzania: a prospective cohort study. BMC Public Health 2010; 10: 272.
9. JJ Miranda , RH Gilman , L Smeeth . Differences in cardiovascular risk factors in rural, urban and rural-to-urban migrants in Peru. Heart 2011; 97: 787–796.
10. R Kelishadi , P Poursafa . A review on the genetic, environmental, and lifestyle aspects of the early-life origins of cardiovascular disease. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care 2014; 44: 54–72.
11. Z Hochberg , Child health, developmental plasticity, and epigenetic programming. Endocrine Review 2011; 32: 159–224.
14. P Qiu , Rural-to-urban migration and its implication for new cooperative medical scheme coverage and utilization in China. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 520.
15. G Campanella , Epigenetic signatures of internal migration in Italy. International Journal of Epidemiology 2014; 44: 1442–1449.