1. Weber, DJ, Rutala, WA, Anderson, DJ, Chen, LF, Sickbert-Bennett, EE, Boyce, JM. Effectiveness of UV devices and hydrogen peroxide systems for terminal room decontamination: focus on clinical trials. Am J Infect Control 2016;44:e77–e84.
2. Rutala, WA, Weber, DJ. Monitoring and improving the effectiveness of surface cleaning and disinfection. Am J Infect Control 2016;44:e69–e76.
3. Stiefel, U, Cadnum, JL, Eckstein, BC, Guerrero, DM, Tima, MA, Donskey, CJ. Contamination of hands with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus after contact with environmental surfaces and after contact with the skin of colonized patients. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2011;32:185–187.
4. Carling, P. Methods for assessing the adequacy of practice and improving room disinfection. Am J Infect Control 2013;41:S20–S25.
5. Maclean, M, Macgregor, SJ, Anderson, JG, et al. Environmental decontamination of a hospital isolation room using high-intensity narrow-spectrum light. J Hosp Infect 2010;76:247–251.
6. Maclean, M, McKenzie, K, Anderson, JG, Gettinby, G, MacGregor, SJ. 405 nm light technology for the inactivation of pathogens and its potential role for environmental disinfection and infection control. J Hosp Infect 2014;88:1–11.
7. Bache, SE, Maclean, M, MacGregor, SJ, Anderson, JG, Gettinby, G, Coia, JE, Taggart, I. Clinical studies of the high-intensity narrow-spectrum light environmental decontamination system (HINS-light EDS) for continuous disinfection in the burn unit inpatient and outpatient settings. Burns 2012;38:69–76.
8. R Foundation for Statistical Computing. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Core Team website. https://www.R-project.org/. Published 2016. Accessed July 17, 2018.
9. Bates, D, Maechler, M, Bolker, B, Walker, S. Fitting linear mixed-effects models using lme4. J Statist Softw 2015;67:1–48.
10. Weber, DJ, Rutala, WA. Self-disinfecting surfaces: review of current methodologies and future prospects. Am J Infect Control 2013;41:S31–S35.