This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. CP Kelly , C Pothoulakis , JT LaMont . Clostridium difficile colitis. N Engl ] Med 1994;330:257–262.
2. LC McDonald , GE Killgore , A Thompson , et al.An epidemic, toxin gene-variant strain of Clostridium difficile. N Eng J Med 2005;353:2433–2441.
3. M Warny , J Pepin , A Fang , et al.Increased toxins A and B production by an emerging strain of Clostridium difficile associated with outbreaks of severe disease in North America and Europe. Lancet 2005;366:1079–1084.
4. DM Musher , S Aslam , N Logan , et al.Relatively poor outcome after treatment of Clostridium difficile colitis with metronidazole. Clin Infect Dis 2005;40:1586–1590.
5. J Pepin , ME Alary , L Valiquette et al.Increasing risk of relapse after treatment of Clostridium difficile colitis in Quebec, Canada. Clin Infect Dis 2005;40;1591–1597.
6. J Belmares , DN Gerding , JP Parada , et al.Outcome of metronidazole therapy for Clostridium difficile disease and correlation with a scoring system. J Infect 2007;55:495–501.
7. FA Zar , SR Bakkanagari , KM Moorthi , et al.A comparison of vancomycin and metronidazole for the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, stratified by disease severity. Clin Infect Dis 2007;45:302–307.
10. MG Bloomfield , JC Sherwin , E Gkrania-Klotsas . Risk factors for mortality in Clostridium difficile infection in the general hospital population: a systematic review. J Hosp Infect 2012;82:1–12.