1. Nerandzic, MM, Cadnum, JL, Pultz, MJ, Donskey, CJ. Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet radiation device for decontamination of Clostridium difficile and other healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms. BMC Infect Dis 2010;10:197.
2. Rutala, WA, Gergen, MF, Weber, DJ. Room decontamination with UV radiation. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2010;31:1025–1029.
3. Havill, NL, Moore, BA, Boyce, JM. Comparison of the microbiological efficacy of hydrogen peroxide vapor and ultraviolet light processes for room decontamination. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:507–512.
4. Zeber, JE, Pfeiffer, C, Baddley, JW, et al. Effect of pulsed xenon ultraviolet room disinfection devices on microbial counts for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and aerobic bacterial colonies. Am J Infect Control 2018;46:668–673.
5. Nerandzic, MM, Thota, P, Sankar, C T, et al. Evaluation of a pulsed xenon ultraviolet disinfection system for reduction of healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2015;36:192–197.
6. Marra, AR, Schweizer, ML, Edmond, MB. No-touch disinfection methods to decrease multidrug-resistant organism infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:20–31.
7. Anderson, DJ, Chen, LF, Weber, DJ, et al. Enhanced terminal room disinfection and acquisition and infection caused by multidrug-resistant organisms and Clostridium difficile (the Benefits of Enhanced Terminal Room Disinfection study): a cluster-randomised, multicentre, crossover study. Lancet 2017;389:805–814.
8. Anderson, DJ, Moehring, RW, Weber, DJ, et al. Effectiveness of targeted enhanced terminal room disinfection on hospital-wide acquisition and infection with multidrug-resistant organisms and Clostridium difficile: a secondary analysis of a multicentre cluster randomised controlled trial with crossover design (BETR Disinfection). Lancet Infect Dis 2018;18:845–853.
9. Rutala, WA, Kanamori, H, Gergen, MF, et al. Enhanced disinfection leads to reduction of microbial contamination and a decrease in patient colonization and infection. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018;39:1118–1121.
10. Mathew, JI, Cadnum, JL, Sankar, T, Jencson, AL, Kundrapu, S, Donskey, CJ. Evaluation of an enclosed ultraviolet-C radiation device for decontamination of mobile handheld devices. Am J Infect Control 2016;44:724–726.
11. Shaikh, AA, Ely, D, Cadnum, JL, et al. Evaluation of a low-intensity ultraviolet-C radiation device for decontamination of computer keyboards. Am J Infect Control 2016;44:705–707.
12. Alhmidi, H, Cadnum, JL, Piedrahita, CT, John, AR, Donskey, CJ. Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet-C light disinfection device and patient hand hygiene for reduction of pathogen transfer from interactive touchscreen computer kiosks. Am J Infect Control 2018;46:464–467.
13. Simmons, S, Dale, C Jr, Holt, J, Passey, DG, Stibich, M. Environmental effectiveness of pulsed-xenon light in the operating room. Am J Infect Control. 2018;46:1003–1008.
14. El Haddad, L, Ghantoji, SS, Stibich, M, Fleming, JB, Segal, C, Ware, KM, Chemaly, RF. Evaluation of a pulsed xenon ultraviolet disinfection system to decrease bacterial contamination in operating rooms. BMC Infect Dis 2017;17:672.
15. Jencson, AL, Cadnum, JL, Wilson, BM, Donskey, CJ. Spores on wheels: wheelchairs are a potential vector for dissemination of pathogens in healthcare facilities. Am J Infect Control (in press).
16. Murray, SG, Yim, JWL, Croci, R, Rajkomar, A, Schmajuk, G, Khanna, R, Cucina, RJ. Using spatial and temporal mapping to identify nosocomial disease transmission of Clostridium difficile
. JAMA Intern Med 2017;177:1863–1865.
17. Cadnum, JL, Shaikh, AA, Piedrahita, CT, et al. Relative resistance of the emerging fungal pathogen Candida auris and other Candida species to killing by ultraviolet light. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:94–96.
18. Nerandzic, MM, Donskey, CJ. Sensitizing Clostridium difficile Spores with germinants on skin and environmental surfaces represents a new strategy for reducing spores via ambient mechanisms. Pathog Immun 2017;2:404–421.
19. Cadnum, JL, Tomas, ME, Sankar, T, et al. Effect of variation in test methods on performance of ultraviolet-C radiation room decontamination. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016;37:555–560.
20. Boyce, JM, Farrel, PA, Towle, D, Fekieta, R, Aniskiewicz, M. Impact of room location on UV-C irradiance and UV-C dosage and antimicrobial effect delivered by a mobile UV-C light device. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016;37:667–672.
21. Masse, V, Hartley, MJ, Edmond, MB, Diekema, DJ. Comparing and optimizing ultraviolet germicidal irradiation systems use for patient room terminal disinfection: an exploratory study using radiometry and commercial test cards. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2018;7:29.
22. Tande, BM, Pringle, TA, Rutala, WA, Gergen, MF, Weber, DJ. Understanding the effect of ultraviolet light intensity on disinfection performance through the use of ultraviolet measurements and simulation. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018;39:1122–1124.