This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. B Allegranzi , D Pittet . Role of hand hygiene in healthcare-associated infection prevention. J Hosp Infect 2009;73:305–315.
4. V Erasmus , T Daha , H Brug , et al.Systematic review of studies on compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in hospital care. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2009;31:283–294.
5. M McGuckin , A Taylor , V Martin , L Porten , R Salcido . Evaluation of a patient education model for increasing hand hygiene compliance in an inpatient rehabilitation unit. Am J Infect Control 2004;32:235–238.
6. M McGuckin , R Waterman , L Porten , et al.Patient education model for increasing handwashing compliance. Am J Infect Control 1999;27:309–314.
7. V Lent , EC Eckstein , A Cameron , R Budavich , BC Eckstein , C Donskey . Evaluation of patient participation in a patient empowerment initiative to improve hand hygiene practices in a Veterans Affairs medical center. Am J Infect Control 2009;37:117–120.