This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. EA Eady , JH Cove . Staphylococcal resistance revisited: community-acquired methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus—an emerging problem for the management of skin and soft tissue infections. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2003;16:103–124.
2. BW Frazee , J Lynn , ED Charlesbois , L Labert , D Lowery , F Perdreau-Remington . High Prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in emergency department skin and soft tissue infections. Ann Emerg Med 2005;45:311–320.
3. SK Fridkin , JC Hageman , M Morrison , et al. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disease in three communities. N Engl J Med 2005;352 1436–1444
5. U Rohr , C Mueller , M Wilhelm , G Muhr , S Gatermann . Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus whole body decolonization among hospitalized patients with variable site colonization by using mupirocin in combination with octenidine dihydrochloride. J Hosp Infect 2003;54 305–309.
6. K Laupland , J Conly . Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus colonization and prophylaxis for infection with topical intranasal Mupirocin: an evidence-based review. Clin Infect Dis 2003;37:933–938.
7. L Mody , C Kauffman , S McNeil , A Galecki , S Bradley . Mupirocin-based decolonization of Staphylococcus aureus carriers in residents of 2 long-term care facilities: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Clin Infect Dis 2003;37:1467–1474.