This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. LE Nicolle , S Bradley , R Colgan , JC Rice , A Schaeffer , TM Hooton . Infectious Disease Society of America guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2005;40(5):643–654.
3.US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults: US Preventive Services Task Force reaffirmation recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med 2008;149(1):43–47.
4. TM Hooton , SF Bradley , DD Cardenas , et al. Diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in adults: 2009 international clinical practice guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2010;50(5):625–663.
5. PG Pappas , CA Kauffman , D Andes , et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of candidiasis: 2009 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48(5):503–535.
6. M Cope , ME Cevallos , RM Cadle , RO Darouiche , DM Musher , BW Trautner . Inappropriate treatment of catheter-associated asymptomatic bacteriuria in a tertiary care hospital. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48(9):1182–1188.
8. DN Schwartz , H Abiad , PL DeMarais , et al. An educational intervention to improve antimicrobial use in hospital-based long-term care facility. J Am Geriatr Soc 2007;55(8):1236–1242.
9. TF Zabarsky , AK Sethi , CJ Donskey . Sustained reduction in inappropriate treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in a long-term care facility through an educational intervention. Am J Infect Control 2008;36(7):476–480.
10. MH Samore , K Bateman , SC Alder , et al. Clinical decision support and appropriateness of antimicrobial prescribing. JAMA 2005;294(18):2305–2314.
11. PB Cornia , JK Amory , S Fraser , S Saint , BA Lipsky . Computer-based order entry decreases duration of indwelling urinary catheterization in hospitalized patients. Am J Med 2003;114(5):404–407.
12. M Juthani-Mehta , V Quagliarello , E Perrelli , V Towle , PH Van Ness , M Tineti . Clinical features to identify urinary tract infection in nursing home residents: a cohort study. J Am Geriatr Soc 2009;57(6):963–970.
14. LE Nicolle . Asymptomatic bacteriuria: when to screen and when to treat. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2003;17:364–394.
15. A Bakke , A Digranes . Bacteriuria in patients treated with clean intermittent catheterization. Scand J Infect Dis 1991;23(5):577–582.
16. MC Ribera , R Pascual , D Orozco , C Perez Barba , V Pedrera , V Gil . Incidence and risk factors associated with urinary tract infection in diabetic patients with and without asymptomatic bacteriuria. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2006;25(6):389–393.
17. E Abrutyn , J Mossey , JA Berlin , et al. Does asymptomatic bacteriuria predict mortality and does antimicrobial treatment reduce mortality in elderly ambulatory women? Ann Intern Med 1994;120(10):827–833.
18. JD Sobel , CA Kauffman , D McKinsey , et al. Candiduria: a randomized, double-blind study of treatment with fluconazole and placebo. Clin Infect Dis 2000;30(1):19–24.
19. GK Harding , GG Zhanel , LE Nicolle , M Cheang . Antimicrobial treatment in diabetic women with asymptomatic bacteriuria. N Engl J Med 2002;347(20):1576–1583.
20. S Saint , JA Meddings , D Calfee , CP Kowalski , SL Krein . Catheter-associated urinary tract infection and the Medicare rule changes. Ann Intern Med 2009;150(12):877–884.
21. B Strom , R Schinnar , F Aberra , et al. Unintended effects of a computerized physician order entry nearly hard-stop alert to prevent a drug interaction. Arch Intern Med 2010;170(17):1578–1583.