This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. SE Beekmann , BJ Fahey , JL Gerberding , DK. Henderson Risky business: using necessarily imprecise casualty counts to estimate occupational risks for HIV-1 infection. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1990;11:371–379.
6. S Leibowitz , L Greenwald , I Cohen , et al.Serum hepatitis in a blood bank worker. JAMA 1949;140:1331–1333.
13. M Pope , S Gezelter , N Gallo , L Hoffman , RM Steinman . Low levels of HIV-1 infection in cutaneous dendritic cells promote extensive viral replication upon binding to memory CD4+ T cells. J Exp Med 1995;182:2045–2056.
14. RS Sperling , DE Shapiro , RW Coombs , et al.Maternal viral load, zidovudine treatment, and the risk of transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 from mother to infant: Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 076 Study Group. N Engl J Med 1996;335:1621–1629.
16. ST Cookson , M Ihrig , EM O'Mara , et al.Increased bloodstream infection rates in surgical patients associated with variation from recommended use and care following implementation of a needleless device. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1998;19:23–27.