1. S Kritchevsky , B Simmons , B Braun . The project to monitor indicators: a collaborative effort between the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1995;16(1):33–35.
2. BP Simmons , PM Schyve . SHEA and JCAHO: partners in science. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1996;16(1):5–6.
4. SB Kritchevsky , BI Braun , PA Gross , CS Newcomb , CA Kelleher , BS Simmons . Definition and adjustment of cesarean rates and assessments of hospital performance. Int J Qual Health Care 1999;11(4):283–291.
6. SB Kritchevsky , BI Braun , ES Wong , et al; the EPIC Study Group. Impact of hospital care on incidence of bloodstream infection: the evaluation of processes and indicators in infection control study. Emerg Infect Dis 2001;7(2):193–196.
7. ZA Memish , Y Arabi , G Cunningham , et al; the EPIC Study Group. Comparison of US and non-US central venous catheter infection rates: evaluation of processes and indicators in infection control study. Am J Infect Control 2003;31:237–242.
8. BI Braun , SB Kritchevsky , ES Wong , et al.Preventing central venous catheter-associated primary bloodstream infections: characteristics of practices among hospitals participating in the Evaluation of Processes and Indicators in Infection Control (EPIC) Study. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2003;24(12):936–945.
9. BI Braun , S Kritchevsky , L Kusek , et al.Comparing bloodstream infection rates: the effect of indicator specifications in the EPIC Study. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2006;27(1);14–22.
10. SB Kritchevsky , BI Braun , L Kusek , et al.The impact of hospital practice on central venous catheter-associated bloodstream infection rates at the patient and unit level: a multi-center study. Am J Med Qual 2008;23(1):24–38.
11. SB Kritchevsky , BI Braun , AJ Bush , et al.The effect of a quality improvement collaborative to improve antimicrobial prophylaxis in surgical patients, a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2008;149:472–480.
12. SB Kritchevsky , BI Braun , B Simmons . Do quality improvement collaboratives improve antimicrobial prophylaxis in surgical patients? Ann Intern Med 2009;150:358–359.
13. JP Steinberg , BI Braun , WC Hellinger , et al.Timing of antimicrobial prophylaxis and the risk of surgical site infection. Ann Surg 2009;250(1)10–16.
14. MR Bozikis , BI Braun , SB Kritchevsky . How accurately are starting times documented in the medical record: implications for performance measurement. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2010;31(3):307–309.