1. Sousa, R, Munoz-Mahamud, E, Quayle, J, et al. Is asymptomatic bacteriuria a risk factor for prosthetic joint infection? Clin Infect Dis 2014;59:41–47.
2. Duncan, RA. Prosthetic joint replacement: should orthopedists check urine because it’s there? Clin Infect Dis 2014;59:48–50.
3. Codero-Ampuero, J, González-Fernández, E, Martínez-Vélez, D, et al. Are antibiotics necessary in hip arthroplasty with asymptomatic bacteriuria? Seeding risk with/without treatment. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2013;471:3822–3829.
5. Nicolle, L, Bradley, S, Colgan, R, et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2005;40:643–654.
6. Hooton, TM, Stamm, WE. Diagnosis and treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infection. Infect Dis Clin North Am 1997;11:551–581.
7. Lamb, M, Baillie, L, Pajak, D, et al. Elimination of screening urine cultures prior to elective joint arthroplasty. Clin Infect Dis 2017;64:806–809.
8. Hamishehkar, H, Vahidinezhad, M, Mashayekhi, SO, et al. Education alone is not enough in ventilator-associated pneumonia care bundle compliance. J Res Pharm Pract 2014;3:51–55.