1. Fishman, N. Policy statement on antimicrobial stewardship by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), and the Pediatric Diseases Society (PIDS). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:322–327.
2. Barlam, TF, Cosgrove, SE, Abbo, LM, et al. Implementing an antibiotic stewardship program: guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Clin Infect Dis 2016;62:1–27.
3. The Joint Commission. Prepublication requirements: new antimicrobial stewardship standard. Joint Comm Perspect June 22, 2016.
5. Perez, KK, Olsen, RJ, Musick, WL, et al. Integrating rapid diagnostics and antimicrobial stewardship improves outcomes in patients with antibiotic resistant gram-negative bacteremia. J Infect 2014;69:216–225.
6. Wenzler, E, Wang, F, Goff, DA, et al. An automated, pharmacist-driven initiative improves quality of care for Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. Clin Infect Dis 2017;65:194–200.
7. Nguyen, CT, Gandhi, T, Chenoweth, C, et al. Impact of an antimicrobial stewardship-led intervention for Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia: a quasi-experimental study. J Antimicr Chemother 2015;70:3390–3396.