This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. D Shapiro , LA Hicks , AT Pavia , AL Hersh . Antibiotic prescribing for adults in ambulatory care in the USA, 2007–09. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014;69:234–240.
5. A Jartti , E Rauvala , H Kauma , M Renko , M Kunnari , H Syrjälä . Chest imaging findings in hospitalized patients with H1N1 influenza. Acta Radiol 2011;52:297–304.
7. CC Butler , K Hood , T Verheij , et al. Variation in antibiotic prescribing and its impact on recovery in patients with acute cough in primary care: prospective study in 13 countries. BMJ 2009;338:b2242–b2250.
8. ML Barnett , JA Linder . Antibiotic prescribing for adults with acute bronchitis in the United States, 1996–2010. JAMA 2014;311:2020–2022.
10. TG Phillips , J Hickner . Calling acute bronchitis a chest cold may improve patient satisfaction with appropriate antibiotic use. J Am Board Fam Pract 2005;18:459–463.
17. SF van Vugt , BD Broekhuizen , C Lammens , et al.; GRACE consortium. Use of serum C reactive protein and procalcitonin concentrations in addition to symptoms and signs to predict pneumonia in patients presenting to primary care with acute cough: diagnostic study. BMJ 2013;346:f2450.
18. Y Huang , R Chen , T Wu , X Wei , A Guo . Association between point-of-care CRP testing and antibiotic prescribing in respiratory tract infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis of primary care studies. Brit J Gen Pract 2013;63:e787–e794.
19. V Van der Meer , AK Neven , PJ van de Brock , W Assendelft . Diagnostic value of C reactive protein in infections of the lower respiratory tract: systematic review. BMJ 2005;331:26.
21. JW Cals , AJ Ament , K Hood , et al. C-reactive protein point of care testing and physician communication skills training for lower respiratory tract infections in general practice: economic evaluation of a cluster randomized trial. J Eval Clin Pract 2011;17:1059–1069.