This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
AL Panlilio , JG Orelien , PU Srivastava , J Jagger , RD Cohn , DM Cardo . Estimate of the annual number of percutaneous injuries among hospital-based healthcare workers in the United States, 1997-1998. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
2. J Jagger , M Bentley , P Tereskerz . A study of patterns and prevention of blood exposures in OR personnel. AORN J 1998;67:979-981, 83-84, 86–87 passim.
3. MC White , P Lynch . Blood contacts in the operating room after hospital-specific data analysis and action. Am J Infect Control 1997;25:209–214.
P Bi , PJ Tully , S Pearce , JE Hiller . Occupational blood and body fluid exposure in an Australian teaching hospital. Epidemiol Infect
5. S Radecki , A Abbott , L Eloi . Occupational human immunodeficiency virus exposure among residents and medical students: an analysis of 5-year follow-up data. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:3107–3111.
6. RD McCormick , MG Meisch , FG Ircink , DG Maki . Epidemiology of hospital sharps injuries: a 14-year prospective study in the pre-AIDS and AIDS eras. Am J Med 1991;91:301S–307S.
7. MA Makary , A Al-Attar , CG Holzmueller , et al. Needlestick injuries among surgeons in training. New Engl J Med 2007;356:2693–2699.
8. JL Gerberding , C Littell , A Tarkington , A Brown , WP Schecter . Risk of exposure of surgical personnel to patients' blood during surgery at San Francisco General Hospital. New Engl J Med 1990;322:1788–1793.
9. AL Panlilio , DR Foy , JR Edwards , et al. Blood contacts during surgical procedures. JAMA 1991;265:1533–1537.
11. EJ Quebbeman , GL Telford , S Hubbard , et al. Risk of blood contamination and injury to operating room personnel. Ann Surg 1991;214:614–620.
12. JI Tokars , DM Bell , DH Culver , et al. Percutaneous injuries during surgical procedures. JAMA 1992;267:2899–2904.
13. MC White , P Lynch . Blood contact and exposures among operating room personnel: a multicenter study. Am J Infect Control 1993;21:243–248.
14. BN Doebbeling , TE Vaughn , KD McCoy , et al. Percutaneous injury, blood exposure, and adherence to standard precautions: are hospital-based health care providers still at risk? Clin Infect Dis 2003;37:1006–1013.
15. S Florman , M Burgdorf , K Finigan , D Slakey , R Hewitt , RL Nichols . Efficacy of double gloving with an intrinsic indicator system. Surg Infect larchmt 2005;6:385–395.
TE Vaughn , KD McCoy , SE Beekmann , RE Woolson , JC Torner , BN Doebbeling . Factors promoting consistent adherence to safe needle precautions among hospital workers. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
S Sohn , J Eagan , KA Sepkowitz , G Zuccotti . Effect of implementing safety-engineered devices on percutaneous injury epidemiology. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
20. SE Beekmann , DK Henderson . Protection of healthcare workers from bloodborne pathogens. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2005;18:331–336.
HM Babcock , V Fraser . Differences in percutaneous injury patterns in a multi-hospital system. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
22. JM Dement , C Epling , T Ostbye , LA Pompeii , DL Hunt . Blood and body fluid exposure risks among health care workers: results from the Duke Health and Safety Surveillance System. Am J Ind Med 2004;46:637–648.
23. F Bakaeen , S Awad , D Albo , et al. Epidemiology of exposure to blood borne pathogens on a surgical service. Am J Surg 2006;192:e18–e21.
AG Venier , A Vincent , F L'Heriteau , et al. Surveillance of occupational blood and body fluid exposures among French healthcare workers in 2004. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
25. TC Goob , SM Yamada , RE Newman , TM Cashman . Bloodborne exposures at a United States Army Medical Center. Appl Occup Environ Hyg 1999;14:20–25.
V Monge , G Mato , A Mariano , C Fernandez , J Fereres . Epidemiology of biological-exposure incidents among Spanish healthcare workers. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
V Puro , G De Carli , N Petrosillo , G Ippolito . Risk of exposure to bloodborne infection for Italian healthcare workers, by job category and work area. Studio Italiano Rischio Occupazionale da HIV Group. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol
28. JM Dement , LA Pompeii , T Ostbye , et al. An integrated comprehensive occupational surveillance system for health care workers. Am J Ind Med 2004;45:528–538.
29. D Loomis , DB Richardson , L Elliott . Poisson regression analysis of un-grouped data. Occup Environ Med 2005;62:325–329.
30. A Tarantola , F Golliot , P Astagneau , L Fleury , G Brucker , E Bouvet . Occupational blood and body fluids exposures in health care workers: four-year surveillance from the Northern France network. Am J Infect Control 2003;31:357–363.
31. JI Tokars , DH Culver , MH Mendelson , et al. Skin and mucous membrane contacts with blood during surgical procedures: risk and prevention. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1995;16:703–711.
32. WL Boal , JK Leiss , S Sousa , JT Lyden , J Li , J Jagger . The National study to prevent blood exposure in paramedics: exposure reporting. Am J Ind Med 2008;51:213–222.
33. B Stringer , C Infante-Rivard , JA Hanley . Effectiveness of the hands-free technique in reducing operating theatre injuries. Occup Environ Med 2002;59:703–707.
34. T Laine , P Aarnio . How often does glove perforation occur in surgery? Comparison between single gloves and a double-gloving system. Am J Surg 2001;181:564–566.
36. R Berguer , PJ Heller . Preventing sharps injuries in the operating room. J Am Coll Surg 2004;199:462–467.