This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. M Clerici , JM Levin , HA Kessler , A Harris , JA Berzofsky , AL Landay , et al. HIV-specific T-helper activity in seronegative health care workers exposed to contaminated blood. JAMA 1994;271:42–46.
3. G Ippolito , V Puro , G De Carli . The risk of occupational HIV infection in health care workers. Italian Multicenter Study. The Italian Study Group on Occupational Risk of HIV Infection. Arch Intern Med 1993;153:1451–1458.
4. DM Cardo , DH Culver , CA Ciesielski , PU Srivastava , R Marcus , D Abiteboul , et al. A case-control study of HIV seroconversion in health care workers after percutaneous exposure. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Needlestick Surveillance Group. N Engl J Med 1997;337:1485–1490.
5. LA Pinto . AL Landay , JA Berzofsky , HA Kessler , GM Shearer . Immune response to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in healthcare workers occupationally exposed to HIV-contaminated blood. Am J Med 1997;102(5B):21–24.
7. JD Rich , NA Merriman , E Mylonakis , TC Greenough , TP Flanigan , BJ Mady , et al. Misdiagnosis of HIV infection by HIV-1 plasma viral load testing: a case series. Ann Intern Med 1999;130:37–39.
8. DH Schwartz , OB Laeyendecker , S Arango-Jaramillo , RC Castillo , MJ Reynolds . Extensive evaluation of a seronegative participant in an HIV-1 vaccine trial as a result of false positive PCR. Lancet 1997;350:256–259.
9. C de Mendoza , A Holguin , V Soriano . False positive for HIV using commercial viral load quantification assays. AIDS 1998;12:2076–2077.