This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. G Soltesz , CC Patterson , G Dahlquist ; (EURODIAB Study Group). Worldwide childhood type 1 diabetes incidence – what can we learn from epidemiology? Pediatr Diabetes. 2007;8 (Suppl 6):6–14.
2. H-J Bangstad , T Danne , LC Deeb , et al.Insulin treatment in children and adolescents with diabetes (ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2009 Compendium). Pediatr Diabetes. 2009;10 (Suppl 12):82–99.
3. WV Tamborlane , RS Sherwin , M Genel , P Felig . Reduction to normal of plasma glucose in juvenile diabetes by subcutaneous administration of insulin with a portable infusion pump. N Engl J Med. 1979;300:573–8.
4.Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. Effect of intensive diabetes treatment on the development and progression of long-term complications in adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Pediatr. 1994;125:177–88.
6. DM Wilson , BA Buckingham , EL Kunselman , et al.A two-center randomized controlled feasibility trial of insulin pump therapy in young children with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2005;28:15–9.
7. M Monami , C Lamanna , N Marchionni , E Mannucci . Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections in type 1 diabetes: a meta-analysis. Acta Diabetol. 2010;47 (Suppl 1):77–81.
9. E Cummins , P Royle , A Snaith , et al.Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion for diabetes: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2010;14:iii–iv, xi–xvi, 1–181.
11.American Diabetes Association. Physical activity/exercise and diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care. 2004;27 (Suppl 1):S58–62.
12. NS Peirce . Diabetes and exercise. Br J Sports Med. 1999;33:161–73.
13. M Rigla , JL Sánchez-Quesada , J Ordóñez-Llanos , et al.Effect of physical exercise on lipoprotein(a) and low-density lipoprotein modifications in type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients. Metabolism. 2000;49:640–7.
14. WR Komatsu , MA Gabbay , ML Castro , et al.Aerobic exercise capacity in normal adolescents and those with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Pediatr Diabetes. 2005;6:145–9.
15. BK Williams , KJ Guelfi , TW Jones , EA Davis . Lower cardiorespiratory fitness in children with type 1 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2011;28:1005–7.
16. JW Varni , M Seid , PS Kurtin . PedsQL 4.0: reliability and validity of the pediatric quality of life inventory version 4.0 generic core scales in healthy and patient populations. Med Care. 2001;39:800–12.
17. JW Varni , MA Burwinkle , JR Jacobs , et al.The PedsQL™ in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: reliability and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory™ Generic Core Scales and type 1 Diabetes Module. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:631–637.
18. LA Léger , D Mercier , C Gadoury , J Lambert . The multistage 20 metre shuttle run test for aerobic fitness. J Sports Sci. 1988;6:93–101.
19. NY Liu , SA Plowman , MA Looney . The reliability and validity of the 20-meter shuttle test in American students 12 to 15 years old. Res Q Exerc Sport. 1992;63:360–5.
22. MJ Naughton , MS Ruggiero , JM Lawrence , et al.(SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study). Health-related quality of life of children and adolescents with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008;162:649–57.
23. BW Bode , WV Tamborlane , PC Davidson . Insulin pump therapy in the 21st century. Strategies for successful use in adults, adolescents, and children with diabetes. Postgrad Med. 2002;111:69–77.
24. E Pańkowska , M Błazik , P Dziechciarz , A Szypowska , H Szajewska . Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion vs. multiple daily injections in children with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized control trials. Pediatr Diabetes. 2009;10:52–8.
25. K Barnard , S Thomas , P Royle , K Noyes , N Waugh . Fear of hypoglycaemia in parents of young children with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review. BMC Pediatr. 2010;10:50.