1. Department of Pathology, Kuopio University Hospital. Statistics of breast cancer patients during 2006–2008; Systematic evaluation using Chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH). Kuopio: Department of Pathology, Kuopio University Hospital.
2. Drucker, A, Skedgel, C, Virik, K, et al. The cost burden of trastuzumab and bevacizumab therapy for solid tumours in Canada. Curr Oncol. 2008;15:136–142.
5. Häkkinen, U. The impact of changes in Finland's health care system. Health Econ. 2005;14:S101–S118.
6. Joensuu, H, Isola, J, Lundin, M, et al. Amplification of erbB2 and erbB2 expression are superior to estrogen receptor status as risk factors for distant recurrence in pT1N0M0 breast cancer: A nationwide population based study. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:923–930.
7. Joensuu, H, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen, P, Bono, P, et al. Adjuvant Docetaxel or Vinorelbine with or without Trastuzumab for breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:809–820.
8. Liberato, NL, Marchetti, M, Barosi, G. Cost effectiveness of adjuvant trastuzumab in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:625–633.
9. Mauskopf, JA, Sullivan, SD, Annemans, L, et al. Principles of good practice for budget impact analysis: Report of the ISPOR Task Force on good research practices: Budget impact analysis. Value Health. 2007;10:336–347.
10. McKeage, K, Lyseng-Williamson, K. Trastuzumab: A pharmacoeconomic review of its use in early breast cancer. Pharmacoeconomics. 2008;26:699–719.
11. Neyt, M, Huybrechts, M, Hulstaert, F, Vrijens, F, Ramaekers, D. Trastuzumab in early stage breast cancer: A cost-effectiveness analysis for Belgium. Health Policy. 2008;87:146–159.
12. Niezen, MG, Stolk, EA, Steenhoek, A, Uyl-De Groot, CA. Inequalities in oncology care: Economic consequences of high cost drugs. Eur J Cancer. 2006;42:2887–2892.
13. Niezen, MG, de Bont, A, Busschbach, JJ, Cohen, JP, Stolk, EA. Finding legitimacy for the role of Budget impact in drug reimbursement decisions. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2009;25:49–55.
14. Owens, MA, Horten, BC, Da Silva, MM. Her2 amplification ratios by fluorescence in situ hybridization and correlation with immunohistochemisty in a cohort of 6556 breast cancer tissues. Clin Breast Cancer. 2004;5:63–69.
15. Perez, EA, Romond, EH, Suman, VJ, et al. Updated results of the combined analysis of NCCTG N9831 and NSABP B-31 adjuvant chemotherapy with/without trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25 (Suppl):512.
16. Piccart-Gebhart, MJ, Procter, M, Leyland-Jones, B, et al. Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005;353:1659–1672.
17. Romond, EH, Perez, EA, Bryant, J, et al. Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005;353:1673–1684.
18. Sendi, PP, Briggs, A. Affordability and cost-effectiveness: Decision-making on the cost-effectiveness plane. Health Econ. 2001;10:675–680.
19. Shiroiwa, T, Fukuda, T, Shimozuma, K, Ohashi, Y, Tsutani, K. The model-based cost-effectiveness analysis of 1-year adjuvant trastuzumab treatment: Based on 2-year follow-up HERA trial data. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;109:559–566.
20. Skedgel, C, Rayson, D, Younis, T. Accounting for improved outcomes in budget impact analyses: Adjuvant trastuzumab in HER2/neu-positive breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26 (Suppl):6573.
21. Slamon, D, Godolphin, W, Jones, LA, et al. Studies of the HER-2/neu proto-oncogene in human breast and ovarian cancer. Science. 1989;244:707–712.
22. Slamon, D, Eiermann, W, Robert, N, et al. Phase III randomized trial comparing Doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel (AC T) with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel and trastuzumab (AC TH) with docetaxel, carboplatin and trastuzumab (TCH) in HER2 positive early breast cancer patients: BCIRG 006 study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;100 (5S): (abstract 1).
23. Slamon, D, Eiermann, W, Robert, N et al. , BCIRG 006: 2nd interim analysis phase III randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel and trastuzumab with docetaxel, carboplatin and trastuzumab in Her2neu positive early breast cancer patients. Presented at the 2006 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Texas, December 14–17, 2006.
24. Smith, I, Procter, M, Gelber, RD, et al. 2-year follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer: A randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2007;369:29–36.
25. Statistics Finland. Causes of death (2007). http://www.stat.fi (accessed December 12, 2008).
26. Younis, T, Skedgel, C. Is trastuzumab a cost-effective treatment for breast cancer? Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2008;8:433–442.