This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
5. H Moller , L Fairley , V Coupland , et al.The future burden of cancer in England: incidence and numbers of new patients in 2020. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1484–1488.
7.National Lung Screening Trial Research Team. Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening. N Engl J Med. 2011;365:395–409.
8. T Winton , R Livingston , D Johnson , et al.Vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation in resected non-small cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:2589–2597.
12. NH Segal , LB. Saltz Evolving treatment of advanced colon cancer. Annu Rev Med. 2009;60:207–219.
15. BP Will , J-M Berthelot , C LePetit , et al.Estimates of the lifetime costs of breast cancer treatment in Canada. Eur J Cancer. 2000;36:724–735.
16. BP Will , C Le Petit , J-M Berthelot , et al.Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for non-metastatic breast cancer in Canada, and their associated costs. Br J Cancer. 1999;79:1428–1436.
17. J-M Berthelot , BP Will , WK Evans , et al.Decision framework for chemotherapeutic interventions for metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:1321–1329.
18. WK Evans , BP Will , J-M Berthelot , et al.Breast cancer: Better care for less cost: Is it possible? Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2000;16:1168–1178.
20. BP Will , J-M Berthelot , KM Nobrega , W Flanagan , WK. Evans Canada's Population Health Model (POHEM): A tool for performing economic evaluations of cancer control interventions. Eur J Cancer. 2001;37:1797–1804.
21. BP Will , KM Nobrega , J-M Berthelot , et al.First do no harm: Extending the debate on the provision of preventive tamoxifen. Br J Cancer. 2001;85:1280–1288.
23. SJ Winawer , AG Zauber , MN Ho , et al.Prevention of colorectal cancer by colonoscopic polypectomy. N Engl J Med. 1993;329:1977–1981.
24. O Kronborg , C Fenger , J Olsen , OD Jorgensen , O. Sondergaard Randomized study of screening for colorectal cancer with fecal occult blood test. Lancet. 1996;348:1467–1471.
25. TR Church , JS Mandel , JH Bond , F. Ederer Colorectal cancer incidence reduction due to polyp removal: Results from the Minnesota trial. Gastroenterology. 2003;124 (Suppl 1):A55.
26. DA. Lieberman Screening for colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1179–1187.
27. J Horsman , W Furlong , D Feeney , G. Torrance The Health Utilities Index (HUI): Concepts, measurement properties and applications. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2003;1:54.
32. WM Flanagan , CN McIntosh , J-M Berthelot , C. LePetit Deriving utility scores for co-morbid conditions: a test of the multiplicative model for combining individual condition scores. Popul Health Metr. 2006;4:13 doi:10.1186/1478–7954-4-13.
35. S Navaratnam , EV Kliever , J Butler , et al.Population-based patterns and cost management of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer after completion of chemotherapy until death. Lung Cancer. 2010;70:110–115. doi:10.1016/j.lungcan.2010.01.012.
39. CA Butts , K Ding , L Seymour , et al.Randomized phase III trial of vinorelbine plus cisplatin compared with observation in completely resected stage IB and II non-small-cell lung cancer: Updated survival analysis of JBR-10. J Clin Oncol. 2009;28:29–34.
40. WK Evans , R Feld , N Murray , et al.Superiority of alternating non-cross-resistant chemotherapy in extensive small cell lung cancer. Ann Int Med. 1987;107:451–458.
43. DH Johnson , LH Einhorn , A Bartolucci , et al.Thoracic radiotherapy does not prolong survival in patients with locally advanced, unresectable non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Int Med. 1990;113:33–38.
45. CA Perez , K Stanley , P Rubin , et al.A prospective randomized study of various irradiation doses and fractionation schedules in the treatment of inoperable non-oat-cell carcinoma of the lung: Preliminary Report by the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Cancer. 1980;45:2744–2753.
47. R McGregor , P Vasudev , E Letourneau , et al.Background concentration of radon and radon daughters in Canadian homes. Health Phys. 1980;39:285–289.
48. C Eheman , SJ Henley , R Ballard-Barbash , et al.Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer 1975–2008, featuring cancers associated with excess weight and lack of sufficient physical activity. Cancer. 2012;118:2338–2366. doi:10.1002/cncr.27514
49. T Fojo , C. Grady How much is life worth: cetuximab, non-small cell lung cancer and the $440 billion question. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:1044–1048.