This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. R. M. Anderson , & R. M. May Population biology of infectious diseases. Nature, 1979, 280, 361–67.
4. B. R. Bloom Vaccines for the third world. Nature, 1989, 342, 115–20.
10. J. M. Ponnighaus , P. E. M. Fine , J. A. C. Sterne , et al. Efficacy of BCG vaccines against leprosy and tuberculosis in northern Malawi. Lancet, 1992, 339, 636–39.
12. D. A. Sack , L. Freij , & J. Holmgren Prospects for public health benefits in developing countries from new vaccines against enteric infections. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 1991, 163, 503–06.
13. M. C. Steinhoff Viral vaccines for the prevention of childhood pneumonia in developing nations: Priorities and prospects. Reviews of Infectious Diseases, 1991, 13, S562–70.
15. J. A. Walsh , & K. S. Warren Selective primary health care: An interim strategy for disease control in developing countries. New England-Journal of Medicine, 1979, 301, 967–74.
16. K. S. Warren The guerrilla worm [editorial]. New England Journal of Medicine, 1970, 282, 810–11.
18. K. S. Warren New scientific opportunities and old obstacles in vaccine development. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 1986, 83, 9275–77.
20. K. S. Warren Tropical medicine or tropical health: The Heath Clark lectures, 1988. Reviews of Infectious Diseases, 1990, 12, 142–56.
23. A. Werzberger , B. Mensch , B. Kuter , et al. A controlled trial of a formalin-activated hepatitis A vaccine in healthy children. New England Journal of Medicine, 1992, 327, 453–57.
24. M. Worboys The emergence and early development of parasitology. In K. S. Warren & J. Z. Bowers (eds.), Parasitology: A global perspective. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1983.