This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. S Arora , C O'Brien , S Zeuzem , Treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients with persistently normal alanine aminotransferase levels with the combination of peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin: Impact on health-related quality of life. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:406–412.
2. CM Behler , E Vittinghoff , F Lin , Hematologic toxicity associated with interferon-based hepatitis C therapy in HIV type 1-coinfected subjects. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44:1375–1383.
3. PN Cheng , NH Chow , SC Hu , Clinical comparison of high-dose interferon-alpha2b with or without ribavirin for treatment of interferon-relapsed chronic hepatitis C. Dig Liver Dis. 2002;34:851–856.
4. RT Chung , J Andersen , P Volberding , Peginterferon Alfa-2a plus ribavirin versus interferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-coinfected persons. N Engl J Med. 2004;351:451–459.
6. GR Foster , RD Goldin , HC Thomas . Chronic hepatitis C virus infection causes a significant reduction in quality of life in the absence of cirrhosis. Hepatology. 1998;27:209–212.
7. SJ Hadziyannis , H Jr Sette , TR Morgan , et al. Peginterferon-alpha2a and ribavirin combination therapy in chronic hepatitis C: A randomized study of treatment duration and ribavirin dose. Ann Intern Med. 2004;140:346–355.
8. KA Harris , C Gilham , PP Mortimer , The most prevalent hepatitis C virus genotypes in England and Wales are 3a and 1a. J Med Virol. 1999;58:127–131.
9. TH Kim , KA Kim , YS Lim , Prediction of treatment outcome in chronic hepatitis C patients based on early viral dynamics during high-dose induction interferon and ribavirin therapy. Intervirology 2005;48:230–238.
10. A Mangia , MR Villani , N Minerva , Efficacy of 5 MU of interferon in combination with ribavirin for naive patients with chronic hepatitis C virus: A randomized controlled trial. J Hepatol. 2001;34:441–446.
11. D Moher , DJ Cook , S Eastwood , et al. Improving the quality of reports of meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials: The QUOROM statement. Lancet. 1999;354:1896–1900.
12. AH Mohsen , HCV Trent Study Group. The epidemiology of hepatitis C in a UK health regional population of 5.12 million. Gut. 2001;48:707–713.
16. T Poynard , J McHutchison , Z Goodman , Is an “a la carte” combination interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin regimen possible for the first line treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C? The ALGOVIRC Project Group. Hepatology. 2000;31:211–218.
17. O Reichard , G Norkrans , A Fryden , Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of interferon alpha-2b with and without ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C. The Swedish Study Group. Lancet. 1998;351:83–87.
18. SD Ryder , WL Irving , DA Jones , Progression of hepatic fibrosis in patients with hepatitis C: A prospective repeat liver biopsy study. Gut. 2004;53:451–455.
19. J Shepherd , H Brodin , C Cave , Pegylated interferon a-2a and -2b in combination with ribavirin in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2004;8:1–140.
20. J Shepherd , J Jones , D Hartwell , Interferon alfa (pegylated and non-pegylated) and ribavirin for the treatment of mild chronic hepatitis C: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2007;11:1–205.
21. DB Strader , T Wright , DL Thomas American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) practice guidelines. Diagnosis, management, and treatment of hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2004;39:1147–1171.
22. HP Verbaan , HE Widell , TL Bondeson , High sustained response rate in patients with histologically mild (low grade and stage) chronic hepatitis C infection. A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial of interferon alpha-2b with and without ribavirin. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002;14:627–633.
23. M von Wagner , M Huber , T Berg , Peginterferon-alpha-2a (40KD) and ribavirin for 16 or 24 weeks in patients with genotype 2 or 3 chronic hepatitis C. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:522–527.
24. M Wright , D Forton , J Main , Treatment of histologically mild hepatitis C virus infection with interferon and ribavirin: A multicentre randomized controlled trial. J Viral Hepat. 2005;12:58–66.
25. S Zeuzem , M Diago , E Gane , Peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kilodaltons) and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C and normal aminotransferase levels. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:1724–1732.