This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. HA Wollmann . Growth hormone and growth factors during perinatal life. Horm Res. 2000; 53(Suppl 1), 50–54.
3. KA Woods , C Camacho-Hubner , MO Savage , et al. Intrauterine growth retardation and postnatal growth failure associated with deletion of the insulin-like growth factor I gene. N Engl J Med. 1996; 335, 1363–1367.
4. C Camacho-Hübner , KA Woods , F Miraki-Moud , et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I deficiency caused by a partial deletion of the IGF-I gene: effects of rhIGF-I therapy. Growth Horm IGF Res. 1999; 9(Suppl B), 47–52.
5. Y Takahashi . Essential roles of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in the liver. Endocr J. 2012; 59, 955–962.
6. E Conti , MB Musumeci , M De Giusti , et al. IGF-1 and atherothrombosis: relevance to pathophysiology and therapy. Clin Sci. 2011; 120, 377–402.
8. A Colao , S Spiezia , C Di Somma , et al. Circulating insulin-like growth factor-I levels are correlated with the atherosclerotic profile in healthy subjects independently of age. J Endocrinol Invest. 2005; 28, 440–448.
9. E Succurro , F Arturi , A Grembiale , et al. Positive association between plasma IGF1 and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in adult nondiabetic subjects. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010; 163, 75–80.
10. PD Zenobi , P Holzmann , Y Glatz , et al. Improvement of lipid profile in type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus by insulin-like growth factor I. Diabetologia. 1993; 36, 465–469.
11. SM Nelson , DJ Freeman , N Sattar , et al. IGF-1 and leptin associate with fetal HDL cholesterol at birth: examination in offspring of mothers with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2007; 56, 2705–2709.
13. B Hanley , J Dijane , M Fewtrell , et al. Metabolic imprinting, programming and epigenetics – a review of present priorities and future opportunities. Br J Nutr. 2010; 104(Suppl 1), S1–S25.
14. DN Tosh , Q Fu , CW Callaway , et al. Epigenetics of programmed obesity: alteration in IUGR rat hepatic IGF1 mRNA expression and histone structure in rapid vs. delayed postnatal catch-up growth. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010; 299, G1023–G1029.
15. Q Fu , X Yu , CW Callaway , et al. Epigenetics: intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) modifies the histone code along the rat hepatic IGF-1 gene. FASEB J. 2009; 23, 2438–2449.
17. M Okazaki , S Usui , M Ishigami , et al. Identification of unique lipoprotein subclasses for visceral obesity by component analysis of cholesterol profile in high-performance liquid chromatography. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25, 578–584.
19. N Bansal , JK Cruickshank , P McElduff , et al. Cord blood lipoproteins and prenatal influences. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2005; 16, 400–408.
20. N Nagano , T Okada , R Yonezawa , et al. Early postnatal changes of lipoprotein subclass profile in late preterm infants. Clin Chim Acta. 2012; 413, 109–112.
21. R Kelishadi , Z Badiee , K Adeli . Cord blood lipid profile and associated factors: baseline data of a birth cohort study. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2007; 21, 518–524.
22. HJ Cai , CL Xie , Q Chen , et al. The relationship between hepatic low-density lipoprotein receptor activity and serum cholesterol level in the human fetus. Hepatology. 1991; 13, 852–857.
23. M Diaz , C Leal , Y Ramon , et al. Cord blood lipoprotein-cholesterol: relationship birth weight and gestational age of newborns. Metabolism. 1989; 38, 435–438.
25. AL Fowden . The insulin-like growth factors and feto-placental growth. Placenta. 2003; 24, 803–812.
26. JT Ross , IC McMillen , F Lok , et al. Intrafetal insulin-like growth factor-I infusion stimulates adrenal growth but not steroidogenesis in the sheep fetus during late gestation. Endocrinology. 2007; 148, 5424–5432.
27. CR Parker Jr, BR Carr , ER Simpson , et al. Decline in the concentration of low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol in human fetal plasma near term. Metabolism. 1983; 32, 919–923.
28. S Kaser , CF Ebenbichler , HJ Wolf , et al. Lipoprotein profile and cholesteryl ester transfer protein in neonates. Metabolism. 2001; 50, 723–728.
29. B Loukidi-Bouchenak , MY Lamri-Senhadji , S Merzouk , et al. Serum lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase activity, HDL2 and HDL3 composition in hypertensive mothers and their small for gestational age newborns. Eur J Pediatr. 2008; 167, 525–532.
30. K Yoshikawa , T Okada , S Munakata , et al. Association between serum lipoprotein lipase mass concentration and subcutaneous fat accumulation during neonatal period. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64, 447–453.
31. E Kajantie , DJ Barker , C Osmond , et al. Growth before 2 years of age and serum lipids 60 years later: the Helsinki Birth Cohort study. Int J Epidemiol. 2008; 37, 280–289.
32. RB Jensen , M Chellakooty , S Vielwerth , et al. Intrauterine growth retardation and consequences for endocrine and cardiovascular diseases in adult life: does insulin-like growth factor-I play a role? Horm Res. 2003; 60(Suppl 3), 136–148.
34. LA Colangelo , K Liu , SM Gapstur , CARDIA Male Hormone Study. Insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3, and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young black men and white men: the CARDIA Male Hormone Study. Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160, 750–757.