2. Coombs, C R, Park, J R, Loan-Clarke, J, Arnold, J, Preston, D, Wilkinson, A J. Perceptions of radiography and the National Health Service: a qualitative study. Radiography 2003; 9: 109–122.
3. Palumbo, M V, Rambur, B, Mcintosh, B, Naud, S. Perceptions of an ideal career versus perceptions of six health careers. J Allied Health 2008; 37 (1): 8–16.
4. Harr, C R, Kelly, T S, Riley, K, Moore, B. The impact of compassion fatigue and compassion satisfaction on social work students. J Soc Soc Work Res 2014; 5 (2): 233–251.
6. Bao, S, Taliaferro, D. Compassion fatigue and psychological capital in nurses working in acute care settings. Int J Hum Caring 2015; 19 (2): 35–40.
7. Sinclair, S, Raffin-Bouchal, S, Venturato, L, Mijovic-Kondejewski, J, Smith-MacDonald, L. Compassion fatigue: a meta-narrative review of the healthcare literature. Int J Nurs Stud 2017; 69: 9–24.
8. Slocum-Gori, S, Hemsworth, D, Chan, W W Y, Kazanjian, A. Understanding compassion satisfaction, compassion fatigue and burnout: a survey of the hospice palliative care workforce. Palliat Med 2011; 27 (2): 172–178.
9. McHolm, F. Rx for compassion fatigue. J Christ Nurs 2006; 23 (4): 12–19.
10. Janssen, P P M, Schaufelioe, W B, Houkes, I. Work-related and individual determinants of the three burnout dimensions. Work Stress 1999; 13 (1): 74–86.
11. Yoder, E A. Compassion fatigue in nurses. Appl Nurs Res 2010; 23 (4): 191–197.
13. Sung, K, Seo, Y, Kim, J H. Relationships between compassion fatigue, burnout, and turnover intention in Korean hospital nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs 2012; 42 (7): 1087–1094.
14. Sorenson, C, Bolick, B, Wright, K, Hamilton, R. Understanding compassion fatigue in healthcare providers: a review of current literature. J Nurs Scholarship 2016; 48 (5): 456–465.
15. Hunsaker, S, Chen, H-C, Maughan, D, Heaston, S. Factors that influence the development of compassion fatigue, burnout, and compassion satisfaction in emergency department nurse. J Nurs Scholarship 2015; 47 (2): 186–194.
16. Lombardo, B, Eyre, C. Compassion fatigue: a nurse’s primer. Online J Issues Nurs 2011; 16 (1): 1–8.
17. Duarte, J, Pinto-Gouveia, J, Cruz, B. Relationships between nurses’ empathy, self-compassion and dimensions of professional quality of life: a cross-sectional study. Int J Nurs Stud 2016; 60: 1–11.
18. Bhaskaran, K, Smeeth, L. What is the difference between missing completely at random and missing at random? Int J Epidemiol 2014; 43 (4): 1336–1339.
19. Rammstedt, B, John, O P. Measuring personality in one minute or less: a 10 item short version of the Big Five Inventory in English and German. J Res Personality 2007; 41: 203–212.
20. Kolthoff, K L, Hickman, S E. Compassion fatigue among nurses working with older adults. Geriatric Nurs 2017; 38: 106–109.
21. Yu, H, Jiang, A, Shen, J. Prevalence and predictors of compassion fatigue, burnout and compassions satisfaction among oncology nurses: a cross-sectional survey. Int J Nurs Stud 2016; 57: 28–38.
22. Probst, H. Burnout in therapy radiographers in the UK. Br J Radiol 2012; 85 (1017): e760–e765.