(1) S. S. Antman and J. E. Osborn The principle of virtual work and integral laws of motion, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 69 (1979), 231–262.
(2) J. M. Ball Convexity conditions and existence theorems in nonlinear elasticity, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 63 (1977), 337–403.
(4) J. M. Ball On the calculus of variations and sequentially weakly continuous maps. In Ordinary and partial differential equations Dundee, 1976, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 564, 13–25.
(7) J. L. Ericksen Equilibrium of bars. J. of Elasticity 5 (1975), 191–201.
(12) P. Hartman and C. Olech On global asymptotic stability of solutions of ordinary differential equations. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 104 (1962), 154–178.
(13) J. K. Knowles and E. Sternberg On the ellipticity of the equations of nonlinear elastostatics for a special material. J. Elasticity 5 (1975), 341–362.
(14) J. K. Knowles and E. Sternberg On the failure of ellipticity of the equations for finite elastic plane strain. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 63 (1977), 321–326.
(18) R. S. Palais Critical point theory and the minimax principle. Proc. Symp. Pure Math. 15, Amer. Math. Soc. Providence, R. I. (1970), 185–212.
(19) R. S. Palais and S. Smale A generalized Morse theory. Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 70 (1964), 165–172.
(20) R. S. Rivlin Large elastic deformations of isotropic materials. II. Some uniqueness theorems for pure homogeneous deformations. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London A 240 (1948), 491–508.
(22) R. T. Rockafellar Convex analysis (Princeton University Press, 1970).
(23) K. Sawyers and R. S. Rivlin Bifurcation conditions for a thick elastic plate under thrust. Int. J. Solids and Structures 10 (1974), 483–501.