1. Relato de los Acontecimientos Ocurridos con Motivo de la Erupcion del Volcan “El Chichonal.” ISSSTE, Villahermosa, Mexico, May 1982.
2. Decker, R, Decker, B: Volcanoes. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman and Co., 1981.
3. Eruption del Volcan Chichon, Estado de Chiapas, Mexico. Instituto de Geofisica, U.N.A.M., Informe Technico No. 1, 10 April 1982.
4. Smithsonian Institution SEAN Bulletin, 1982;7:5:2–6
5. Smithsonian Institution SEAN Bulletin, 1982;7:3:2–5.
6. Smithsonian Institution SEAN Bulletin, 1982:7:4:2–5.
7. Kerr, RA: Mount St. Helens: An unpredictable foe. Sci 1980;208:1446–1447.
8. Decker, R, Decker, B: The eruption of Mt. St. Helens. Sci Am 1981;244:68–80.
9. Hoffer, JM: Comparison of the Major Eruptions al Mount St. Helens, May 18, 1980, and El Chichon, March 28-April 4, 1982. Mount St. Helms: Five Years later. Eastern Washington University Press, 1986, pp 112–115.
10. VareKamp, J, Luhr, J: The 1982 eruption of El Chichon volcano: Nature of the eruptions, ash and volatiles. Trans. Am. Geophys. Union 1982;63:1126.
11. Periodico Oficial Del Gobierno Del Estado de Tabasco. San Juan Bautista, 1902;Tomo XXIII, No. 35.
12. Parshley, PF, Kiessling, PJ, Antonio, JA et al. : FHY. Pyroclastic flow injury, Mt. St. Helens, 18 May 1980. Amer J Surg 1982;143:565–568.
13. Eisele, JW, O'Halloran, RL, Reay, DT et al. : Deaths during the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens. N Engl J Med 1981;305:931–936.
14. Latter, JH: Natural disasters. Advancement of Science 1969;362–380.
15. Whittow, J: Disasters, the Anatomy of Environmental Hazards. Athens, Georgia: The University of Georgia Press 1979, pp 74–104.
16. Macdonald, GA: Volcanoes. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall Inc., 1972.
17. Francis, P: Volcanoes. London: Great Penguin Books, Ltd., 1976.
18. Wohletz, KH, Sheridan, MF: A model of pyroclastic surge. Geological Society of America, Special Paper, 1979;180:177–194.
19. Sheridan, MF: Emplacement of pyroclastic flows: A review. Geological Society of America, Special Paper 1979;180:125–136.
20. Thorarinsson, S: On damage caused by volcanic eruptions with special reference to tephra and gases. In: Sheets, PD, Grayson, DK (eds): Volcanic Activity and Human Ecology. New York: Academic Press Inc., 1979, pp 125–159.
21. Bullard, FM: Volcanoes and their activity. In: Sheets, PD, Grayson, DK (eds): Volcanic Activity and Human Ecology. New York: Academic Press Inc., 1979, pp 14–46.
22. Wagner, GN, Clark, MA, Koenigsberg, EJ et al. : Medical evaluation of the victims of the 1986 Lake Nyos disaster. J Forensic Science 1988;33:899–909.
23. Baxter, PJ, Tedesco, D, Miele, G, Baubron, JC, Cliff, K: Health hazards of volcanic gases. Lancet 1990;336:176.
24. Baxter, PJ, Kapila, M, Mfonfu, D: Lake Nyos disaster, Cameroon, 1986: The medical effects of large scale emission of carbon dioxide? Br Med J 1989;298:1437–1441.
25. Tazieff, H: Craters of Fire. New York: Harper Bros., 1952.
26. Nania, JM, Bruya, TE: In the wake of Mount St. Helens. Ann Emerg Med 1982;11:184–191.
27. Baxter, PJ et al. : Mount St. Helens' eruptions, May 18 to June 12,1980: An overview of the acute health impact. JAMA 1981;246:2585–2589.
28. Buist, SA: Are volcanoes hazardous to your health? What have we learned from Mt. St. Helens? Washington J Med 1982;137:294–301.
29. Green, FH, Vallyathan, NV, Mentneck, MS et al. : Is volcanic ash a pneumo-coniosis rìsk? Nature 1981;293:216–217.
30. Yano, E, Yokoyama, Y, Nishii, S: Chronic pulmonary effects of volanic ash: An epidemiologic study. Arch Environ Health 1986;41:94–99.
31. Yano, E, Yokoyama, , Higashi, H et al. : Health effects of volcanic ash: A repeat study. Arch Environ Health 1990;45:367–373.
32. Kariya, M: Is there any effect of volcanic eruptions of Mt. Sakurajima on human lungs? Histopathological investigation and measurement of intrapulmonary paniculate deposits amounts. Tohoku J Exp Med 1992;166:331–343.
33. Kraemer, MJ, McCarthy, MM: Childhood asthma hospitalization rates in Spokane County, Washington: Impact of volcanic ash air pollution. J Asthma 1985;22:37–43.
34. Bernstein, RS, Baxter, PJ, Falk, H et al. : Immediate public health concerns and actions in volcanic eruptions: Lessons from the Mt. St. Helens' eruptions, May 18-October 18, 1980. In: Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS (eds): Health effects of volcanoes: An approach to evaluating the health effects of an environmental hazard. Amer J Public Health 1986;76:25–37. Supplement.
35. Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS, Johnson, LR, Vollmer, WM: Evaluation of physical effects due to volcanic hazards: Human studies. In: Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS (eds): Health effects of volcanoes: An approach to evaluating the health effects of an environmental hazard. Amer J Public Health 1986;76:66–75. Supplement.
36. Surmieda, MS, Abad-Viola, G, Abellanosa, I et al. : Surveillance in evacuation camps after the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo, Phillipines. MMWR CDC Surveill Summ 1992, Aug 28;41:9–12.
37. Heiken, G, Wohletz, K: Volcanic Ash: El Chichon, Chiapas, Mexico, 1982 Eruption. Berkeley: University of California Press 1985:149–153.
38. Fruchter, JS et al. : Mount St. Helens' ash from the May 1980 eruption: Chemical, physicial, minerological, and biological properties. Science 1980;209:1116–1125.
38. Hooper, PR, Herrick, IW, Laskowski, ER et al. : Composition of the Mount St. Helens' ashfall in the Moscow-Pullman area on 18 May 1980. Science 1980;209:1125–1126.
39. Buist, AS, Martin, TR, Shore, JH et al. : The development of a multi-disciplinary plan for evaluation of the long-term health effects of the Mt. St. Helens' eruptions. In: Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS (eds): Health effects of volcanoes: An approach to evaluating the health effects of an environmental hazard. Amer J Public Health 1986;76:39–44. Supplement.
41. Ikramuddin, M, Digby, SJM, Buehler, AR: Chemical composition of the Mount St. Helens' ash from the 18 May eruption. In: Keller, S.A.C.(ed): Mount St. Helms: One Year Later. Spokane, Wash.: Eastern Washington University Press, 1982, pp 27–32.
42. Ziskind, M, Jones, RN, Weill, H: Silicosis. Am Rev Respir Dis 1976;113:643–665.
43. Dollberg, DD, Bolyard, ML, Smith, DL: Evaluation of physical effects due to volcanic hazards: Crystalline silica in Mt. St. Helens' volcanic ash. In: Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS (eds): Health effects of volcanoes: An approach to evaluating the health effects of an environmental Hazard. Amer J Public Health 1986;76:53–58. Supplement.
44. Environmental Protection Agency: Air Quality Criteria for Particulars and Sulfur Oxides. Research Triangle, N.C.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1974.
45. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: Criteria for a Recommended Standard. Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica. Bethesda, Md.: DHEW (NIOSH) Publication No. 75–120, 1974, p 121.
46. Allison, AC, Harington, JS, Berbeck, M: An examination of thecytotoxic effects of silica on macrophages. Jour Expir Med 1966;24:141–153.
47. Martin, T et al. : Acute pulmonary effects of Mt. St. Helens' volcanic ash. Chest 1982;81:5. Supplement.
48. Beck, BD, Brain, JD, Buchannon, DE: The pulmonary toxicity of an ash sample from the Mt. St. Helens volcano. Experimental Lung Research 1981;2:289–301.
49. Martin, TR, Wehner, AP, Butler, J: Evaluation of physical effects due to volcanic hazards: The use of experimental systems to estimate the pulmonary toxicity of volcanic ash. In: Buist, AS, Bernstein, RS (eds): Health effects of volcanoes: An approach to evaluating the health effects of an environmental hazard. Amer J Public Health 1986;76:59–65. Supplement.
50. Yano, E, Takeuchi, A, Nishi, S et al. : In-vitro biological effects of volcanic ash from Mt. Sakurajima. J Toxicol Environ Health 1985;16:127–135.
51. Weintraub, B: The Disaster of El Chichon. National Geographic 1982;162:654–684.