Skip to main content Accessibility help
×
Home

Role of the background regimes towards the Solar Mean Magnetic Field (SMMF)

  • Souvik Bose (a1) (a2) and K. Nagaraju (a3)

Abstract

The Solar Mean Magnetic Field (SMMF) is generally defined as the disc-averaged line-of-sight (LOS) magnetic field on the sun. The role of the active regions and the large-scale magnetic field structures (also called the background) has been debated over the past few decades to understand whether the origin of the SMMF is either due to the active regions or the background. We, in this paper have investigated contribution of sunspots, plages, networks and the background towards the variability of the SMMF using the datasets from the SDO-AIA & HMI, and found that 89% of the SMMF is due to the background whereas the remaining 11% originates from the active regions and the networks.

Copyright

References

Hide All
Svalgaard, L., Wilcox, J. M., & Scherrer, P. H. 1975 Solar Physics, 45, 83
Gough, D. O.. 2017 Solar Physics, 292, 70
Scherrer, P. H., Wilcox, J. M., Kotov, V., Severny, A. B., & Howard, R., 1977, Solar Physics, 52, 6
Kutsenko, A. S., Abramenko, V. I., & Yurchyshyn, V. B., 2017, Solar Physics, 292, 121
Bose, Souvik & Nagaraju, K. 2018, ApJ, 862, 35
Kutsenko, A. S. & Abramenko, V. I. 2016, Solar Physics, 291, 1613
MathJax
MathJax is a JavaScript display engine for mathematics. For more information see http://www.mathjax.org.

Keywords

Role of the background regimes towards the Solar Mean Magnetic Field (SMMF)

  • Souvik Bose (a1) (a2) and K. Nagaraju (a3)

Metrics

Altmetric attention score

Full text views

Total number of HTML views: 0
Total number of PDF views: 0 *
Loading metrics...

Abstract views

Total abstract views: 0 *
Loading metrics...

* Views captured on Cambridge Core between <date>. This data will be updated every 24 hours.

Usage data cannot currently be displayed