1. , , , et al. Comparison of oral prednisolone/paracetamol and oral indomethacin/paracetamol combination therapy in the treatment of acute goutlike arthritis: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial. Ann Emerg Med. 2007;49:678–681.
2. . Response to application of ice may help differentiate between gouty arthritis and other inflammatory arthritides. J Clin Rheumatol. 2006;12:275–276.
3. . Management of acute and chronic gouty arthritis: present state-of-the-art. Drugs. 2004;64:2399–2416.
4. , . Updates in the management of gout. Am J Med. 2007;120:221–224.
5. , , . Effectiveness of interventions for the treatment of acute and prevention of recurrent gout: a systematic review. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006;45:1422–1431.
6. , , , et al. Colchicine for acute gout. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006(4):CD006190.
7. , , . Randomised double-blind trial of etoricoxib and indomethacin in treatment of acute gouty arthritis. BMJ. 2002;324:1488–1492.
8. . Recent advances in the management of gout and hyperuricemia. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2005;17:319–324.
9. , , , et al. Lumiracoxib 400 mg once daily is comparable to indomethacin 50 mg three times daily for the treatment of acute flares of gout. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007; 46(7): 1126–1132.
10. , , , et al. Efficacy and safety profile of treatment with etoricoxib 120 mg once daily compared with indomethacin 50 mg three times daily in acute gout: a randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:598–606.
11. , , , et al. Cardiovascular events associated with rofecoxib in a colorectal adenoma chemoprevention trial. N Engl J Med. 17 2005;352:1092–1102.
12. , , , et al. Risk of cardiovascular events in patients receiving celecoxib: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Am J Cardiol. 1 2007;99:91–98.
13. , , , et al. Coxibs versus combination NSAID and PPI therapy for chronic pain: an exploration of the risks, benefits, and costs. Ann Pharmacother. 2006;40:1052–1063.
14. , , , et al. Randomized double-blind comparison of the analgesic efficacy of intramuscular ketorolac and oral indomethacin in the treatment of acute gouty arthritis. Ann Emerg Med. 1995;26:682–686.
15. , , , et al. ACTH revisited: effective treatment for acute crystal induced synovitis in patients with multiple medical problems. J Rheumatol. 1994;21:696–699.
16. , , . Comparison of adrenocorticotropic hormone and triamcinolone acetonide in the treatment of acute gouty arthritis. J Rheumatol. 1994;21:1325–1327.
17. , , , et al. Activation of melanocortin type 3 receptor as a molecular mechanism for adrenocorticotropic hormone efficacy in gouty arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2765–2775.
18. , , , et al. The management of gout at an academic healthcare center in Beijing: a physician survey. J Rheumatol. 2006;33:2041–2049.
19. , , . Corticotropin for acute management of gout. Ann Pharmacother. 2001;35:365–368.
20. , , , et al. Misleading clinical aspects of hydroxyapatite deposits: a series of 15 cases. J Rheumatol. 1997;24:531–535.
21. , , , et al. Acetaminophen for osteoarthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006(1):CD004257.
22. , , . The therapeutic use of acetaminophen in patients with liver disease. Am J Ther. 2005;12:133–141.
23. , , , et al. Efficacy of topical diclofenac diethylamine gel in osteoarthritis of the knee. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:2384–2392.
24. . Combination analgesia in 2005 – a rational approach: focus on paracetamol–tramadol. Clin Rheumatol. 2006;25(Suppl 1):S16–S21.
25. , , , et al. Short-term efficacy of pharmacotherapeutic interventions in osteoarthritic knee pain: A meta-analysis of randomised placebo-controlled trials. Eur J Pain. 2007;11:125–138.
26. , , , et al. Opioids for chronic noncancer pain: a meta-analysis of effectiveness and side effects. Cmaj. 2006;174:1589–1594.
27. . Clinical practice. Osteoarthritis of the hip. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:1413–1421.
28. . A benefit/risk assessment of existing therapeutic alternatives for the treatment of painful inflammatory conditions. Int J Clin Pract Suppl. 2004;144:20–26.
29. . Diclofenac potassium 12.5 mg tablets for mild to moderate pain and fever: a review of its pharmacology, clinical efficacy and safety. Clin Drug Invest. 2007;27:163–195.
30. , , , et al. Patient preference in a crossover clinical trial of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee or hip: face validity of self-report questionnaire ratings. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:533–539.
31. . Pennsaid therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee: a systematic review and metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. J Rheumatol. 2006;33:567–573.
32. , , , et al. Short-term treatment with topical diclofenac epolamine plaster in patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: pooled analysis of two randomised clinical studies. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22:2429–2438.
33. , , . Longterm efficacy of topical nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs in knee osteoarthritis: metaanalysis of randomized placebo controlled clinical trials. J Rheumatol. 2006;33:1841–1844.
34. , . Topical non-steroidal drugs are systemically absorbed and may cause renal disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1999;14:187–189.
35. , , . The use and safety profile of non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs among Turkish patients with osteoarthritis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2005;16:138–142.
36. , , , et al. Meta-analysis: upper gastrointestinal tolerability of valdecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitor, compared with nonspecific nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs among patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005;21:591–598.
37. , , , et al. Celecoxib versus naproxen and diclofenac in osteoarthritis patients: SUCCESS-I Study. Am J Med. 2006;119:255–266.
38. , , , et al. Pooled analysis of thrombotic cardiovascular events in clinical trials of the COX-2 selective Inhibitor etoricoxib. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22:2365–2374.
39. , , , et al. EULAR evidence based recommendations for the management of hand osteoarthritis: report of a Task Force of the EULAR Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutics (ESCISIT). Ann Rheum Dis. 2007;66:377–388.
40. , , , et al. An analgesic model for assessment of acute pain response in osteoarthritis of the knee. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:1111–1118.
41. , , , et al. Efficacy and tolerability of lumiracoxib in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a 13-week, randomized, double-blind comparison with celecoxib and placebo. Clin Ther. 2005;27:64–77.
42. , , , et al. Efficacy of lumiracoxib in osteoarthritis: a review of nine studies. J Int Med Res. 2005;33:21–41.
43. , , , et al. First-dose analgesic effect of the cyclo-oxygenase-2 selective inhibitor lumiracoxib in osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison with celecoxib (NCT00267215). Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R35.
44. , , . Valdecoxib: a review of its use in the management of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, dysmenorrhoea and acute pain. Drugs. 2004;64:1231–1261.
45. . Current status of the therapeutic uses and actions of the preferential cyclo-oxygenase-2 NSAID, nimesulide. Inflammopharmacology. 2006;14:120–137.
46. , , , et al. Efficacy and safety of aceclofenac in the treatment of osteoarthritis: a randomized double-blind comparative clinical trial versus diclofenac – an Indian experience. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22:977–988.
47. , , , et al. Intra-articular hyaluronans: a review of product-specific safety profiles. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2003;32:296–309.
48. , , . Safety of intra-articular hyaluronates for pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee. Am J Orthop. 2003;32:277–283.
49. , , , et al. Amelioration of osteoarthritis by intra-articular hyaluronan synthase 2 gene therapy. Med Hypotheses. 2007; 69:1111–1113.
50. , , , et al. Safety study of intraarticular injection of interleukin 1 receptor antagonist in patients with painful knee osteoarthritis: a multicenter study. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:1317–1323.
51. , , , et al. Antinociceptive activity of ricinoleic acid, a capsaicin-like compound devoid of pungent properties. Eur J Pharmacol. 2000;407:109–116.
52. . The analgesic efficacy of topical capsaicin is enhanced by glyceryl trinitrate in painful osteoarthritis: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study. Eur J Pain. 2000;4:355–360.
53. , , , et al. Effects of treatment with a cetylated fatty acid topical cream on static postural stability and plantar pressure distribution in patients with knee osteoarthritis. J Strength Cond Res. 2005;19:115–121.
54. , , , et al. A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial of a topical cream containing glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, and camphor for osteoarthritis of the knee. J Rheumatol. 2003;30:523–528.
55. , , . Arnica montana gel in osteoarthritis of the knee: an open, multicenter clinical trial. Adv Ther. 2002;19:209–218.
56. , , . Review of medications used in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Pediatr Emerg Care. Jan 2007;23:38–46.
57. , , , et al. Variability in risk of gastrointestinal complications with individual non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: results of a collaborative meta-analysis. BMJ. 1996;312:1563–1566.
58. , , , et al. A comparison of valdecoxib and naproxen in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Clin Ther. 2006;28:204–221.
59. , , , et al. Excess recurrent cardiac events in rheumatoid arthritis patients with acute coronary syndrome. Ann Rheum Dis. 2006;65:348–353.
60. , , . Meloxicam in rheumatoid arthritis. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2005;1:739–751.
61. . COX-2 selective inhibitors in the treatment of arthritis: a rheumatologist perspective. Curr Top Med Chem. 2005;5:443–448.
62. , , , et al. Tramadol 37.5 -mg/acetaminophen 325 -mg combination tablets added to regular therapy for rheumatoid arthritis pain: a 1-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Clin Ther. 2006;28:2052–2060.
63. , , , et al. A randomized, controlled study of a single intra-articular injection of etanercept or glucocorticosteroids in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2006;35:341–345.
64. , . Intra-articular steroids and splints/rest for children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and adults with rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006(1):CD002824.
65. , , . Polyarticular corticosteroid injection versus systemic administration in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis patients: a randomized controlled study. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:1691–1698.
66. , , . Leflunomide in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Ther. 2004;26:447–459.
67. . Effects of clarithromycin in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007;23:515–522.
68. . Levofloxacin treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis receiving methotrexate. South Med J. 2007;100:135–139.
69. , . A meta-analysis of the analgesic effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation for inflammatory joint pain. Pain. 2007;129:210–223.