1. . Saving Mothers' Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to make Motherhood Safer – 2006–2008. The Eighth Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2011; 118 (Suppl. 1): 1–208.
2. , , , et al. Definitions for sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis. The ACCP/SCCM Consensus Conference Committee, American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine. Chest 1992; 101 (6): 1644–1655.
3. , , . Maternal Medicine: Medical Problems in Pregnancy. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2007.
4. , Septic shock. In: (Ed.), Critical Care Obstetrics, 4th edition. Malden, MA: Blackwell Science, 2004.
5. , , (Ed.) Managing Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma, 2nd edition. London: RCOG, 2007.
6. , , et al. Surviving Sepsis Campaign: International guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock. Critical Care 2008; 36: 296–327.
7. , , , et al. Acute respiratory distress syndrome: estimated incidence and mortality rate in a 5 million-person population base. Crit Care 1998; 2(1): 29–34.
8. , , et al. Effects of drotrecogin alfa (activated) on organ dysfunction in the PROWESS trial. Critical Care Medicine 2003; 31(3): 834–840.