1. , . An overview of the older driver. Clin Geriatr Med 1993;9:279–96.
2. , , , . Perceived and actual risks of driving in patients with arrhythmia control devices. Arch Intern Med 1995;155(6):609–13.
3. , , , et al. Driving cessation and increased depressive symptoms: prospective evidence from the New Haven EPESE. J Am Geriatr Soc 1997;45:202–6.
4. , . Multivariate analysis of age-related driver ability and performance deficits. Acc Anal Prevent 1999;31:445–54.
5. , , , , . Visual/cognitive correlates of vehicle accidents in older drivers. Psychol Aging 1991;6:403–15.
6. , , , et al. Benzodiazepine use in an ambulatory elderly population: a 14-year overview. Clin Ther 1994;168:118–24.
7. , . Trends in the pharmacological treatment of insomnia. J Clin Psychiatry 1992;53:10–8.
8. , , . Insomnia and its treatment: prevalence and correlates. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1995;42(3):225–32.
9. . Hypnotic drugs, psychomotor performance and ageing. J Sleep Res 1994;3:1–15.
10. , , . Nonpharmacological treatment of late-life insomnia. J Psychosom Res 1999;46(2):103–16.
11. , , , et al. Insomnia comorbidity and impact and hypnotic use by age group in a national survey population aged 16–74 years. Sleep 2006;29(11):1391–7.
12. . Dose optimalisation: the effect of age. Int Congr Series 2001;1220:259–71.
13. , . Prescribed medications and the risk of falling. Top Geriatr Rehab 1990;5:12–20.
14. . Psychotropic drugs and injuries among the elderly: a review. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1992;12:386–96.
15. . Recent changes in driving among older adults. Hum Factors 1991;33:597–600.
16. . Accidents, mileage, and exaggeration of risk. Accident Anal Prev 1991;23:183–8.
17. , , . Residual effects of sleep medication on driving ability. Sleep Med Rev 2004;8:309–25.
18. , , , , . The relationship between drivers’ blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and actual driving performance during high speed travel. In , , eds. Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety. Amsterdam: Excerpta Medica; 1987: pp.183–92.
19. , , , , . Hypnotics and driving safety: meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials applying the on-the-road driving test. Curr Drug Safety 2006;1:63–72.
20. , , , et al. Association of road-traffic accidents with benzodiazepine use. The Lancet 1998;352:1331–6.
21. , , , et al. Residual effects of middle-of-the-night administration of zaleplon and zolpidem on driving ability, memory functions and psychomotor performance. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2002;22:576–83.
22. , , , . Zoplidem and traffic safety: the importance of treatment compliance. Curr Drug Safety 2007;2:220–6.
23. , , . Psychoactive drugs and the risk of injurious motor vehicle crashes in elderly drivers. Am J Epidemiol 1992;136:873–83.
24. . Risk of traffic accident injury after a prescription for a benzodiazepine. Ann Epidemiol 1995;5:239–44.
25. , , , , . Benzodiazepine use and the risk of motor vehicle crash in the elderly. JAMA 1997;278:27–31.
26. , , , et al. Psychoactive medications and injurious motor vehicle collisions involving older drivers. Epidemiology 1994;5:591–8.
27. , , , . Relationship among chronic medical conditions, medications, and automobile crashes in the elderly: a population-based case control study. Am J Epidemiol 2000;152:424–31.