Subscribe to Annales. Histoire, Sciences Sociales: English Edition
In 2012, with the help of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), the Florence Gould Foundation, and the American University in Paris, the Annales editorial team began producing an online-only English edition in an effort to increase historiographical exchange and encourage international dialogue. From 2017, this English edition has been available globally both online and in print through a publishing collaboration with Cambridge University Press. Every article from every new issue is published in two distinct editions, with the English version rigorously translated by an established team and edited to the same exacting standards as the French.
All subscribers are invited to upgrade their subscription to receive the English edition as a supplement by purchasing the ‘Annales. Histoire, Sciences Sociales (French and English package).’ Please make sure to inform Cambridge or your subscription agent if you wish to upgrade as this will not be automatically included in your renewal invitation if you have not purchased the English edition before.
- French language edition (in print and online) : 56 € / £46 / $66
- French/English bilingual package (in print and online) : 89 € / £73 / $105
- French language edition (online only) : 200 € / £166 / $238
- Tarif réduit abonné français : 150 €
- French language edition (in print and online) : 250 € / £208 / $298
- Tarif réduit abonné français : 150 €
- French/English bilingual package (online only) : 320 € / £266 / $381
- Tarif réduit abonné français : 192 €
- French/English bilingual package (in print and online) : 401 € / £332 / $477
- Tarif réduit abonné français : 241 €
If you have any questions or are ready to proceed with an order, please contact:
email@example.com / +44(0)1223 32 6070 for the rest of the world
Cambridge University Press
University Printing House
Cambridge, CB2 8BS
- Prices shown in sterling apply to customers in all areas of the world apart from the Americas, for which the dollar prices apply, and the Eurozone.
- Subscribers based in the European Union are subject to the VAT rates applicable in their country of residence.
- Subscription agencies receive a 5% discount.
- Subscriptions are valid for a calendar year, from January to December.
- We reserve the right to correct typographical errors and change prices from year to year without notice.
- No subscription can be refunded once the first issue of the year in course has been received.
- In cases of claims for undelivered volumes, the issue in question will be sent with the following issue or within six months of its publication (whichever comes first). Please note that although we make every effort to respect the publication calendar, it is possible that an issue may be published later than planned.
- Please notify Cambridge of any change of address as soon as possible (preferably with four weeks’ notice), specifying the title of the journal.
Discount for subscribers based in France
Institutional subscribers in France are entitled to a 40% discount on the subscription rates described in the Cambridge Journals price list (25% for online-only subscriptions). This discount will be automatically applied at purchase.
Publication schedule for the French and
The French edition of the Annales offers 1,200 pages of original research articles and reviews arranged across four issues each year. The English edition is published in parallel but staggered by twelve months, publishing in any given year the translated versions of the articles which appeared in French the year before. This approach ensures high quality translations, carefully reviewed by our editors and authors, without delaying the publication of the original texts.
The table below describes what a subscriber will receive in each subscription year:
74e année (four issues, 1,200pp)
Volume 73 (four issues, 800pp)
73e année (four issues, 1,200pp)
Volume 72 (four issues, 800pp)
72e année (four issues, 1,200pp)
Volume 71 (four issues, 800pp)
Please note that the English edition will not include translations of the book reviews.
Both editions of the Annales are published online and in print. All institutional subscribers will have multi-user access to new issues of the Annales through the platform Cambridge Core as soon as they are published. Online access will include the current year of subscription as well as complimentary access to all issues back to 2010 (2012 in the case of the English edition).
Consortia and site licence subscribers
The Annales will be available as part of the “Cambridge Journals Full Package” and the “Humanities and Social Sciences Package” from 2017. If your institution subscribes to Cambridge Journals through a consortium or dedicated site licence, please contact your sales representative for more information. Please note that default access through the package will be to the French edition only. Annual access to the English edition is available as an upgrade through your Cambridge sales agent, at the price of £100 / $143 / €120 in 2018. Print copies of both the French and English editions are also available to consortia and site license customers at a discounted rate.
If you are looking to purchase a range of packages and are in need of a price proposal for your institution or consortium, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in the Americas or email@example.com for the rest of the world.