This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JM Barry , C Viboud , L Simonsen . Cross-protection between successive waves of the 1918–1919 influenza pandemic: epidemiological evidence from US Army camps and from Britain. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 198: 1427–1434.
7. B Woolf . On estimating the relation between blood group and disease. Annals of Human Genetics 1955; 19: 251–253.
10. G Katriel , L Stone . 2010 Pandemic dynamics and the breakdown of herd immunity. PLoS ONE 5: e9565.
11. RB Couch , JA Kasel . Immunity to influenza in man. Annual Review of Microbiology 1983; 37: 529–549.
12. V Andreasen , C Viboud , L Simonsen . Epidemiologic characterization of the 1918 influenza pandemic summer wave in Copenhagen: implications for pandemic control strategies. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 197: 270–278.
13. SS Shrestha , Estimating the burden of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in the United States (April 2009–April 2010). Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011; 52: S75–S82.
14. L Brammer , Surveillance for influenza during the 2009 influenza A (H1N1) pandemic – United States, April 2009–March 2010. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011; 52: S27–S35.
15. MA Jhung , Epidemiology of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011; 52: S13–S26.
17. V Petrovic , Overview of the winter wave of 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1)v in Vojvodina, Serbia. Croatian Medical Journal 2011; 52: 141–150.
19. H Nishiura , Pros and cons of estimating the reproduction number from early epidemic growth rate of influenza A (H1N1) 2009. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling 2010; 7: 1.
20. AS Monto , Clinical signs and symptoms predicting influenza Infection. Archives of Internal Medicine 2000; 160: 3243.
21. G Boivin , Predicting influenza infections during epidemics with use of a clinical case definition. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2000; 31: 1166.
22. T Smieszek , Reconstructing the 2003/2004 H3N2 influenza epidemic in Switzerland with a spatially explicit, individual-based model. BMC Infectious Diseases 2011; 11: 115.
23. RF Grais , JH Ellis , GE Glass . Assessing the impact of airline travel on the geographic spread of pandemic influenza. European Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 18: 1065–1072.
24. JS Brownstein , CJ Wolfe , KD Mandl . Empirical evidence for the effect of airline travel on inter-regional influenza spread in the United States. PLoS Medicine 2006; 3: e401.