- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0021-8537 (Print), 1469-5138 (Online)
- Editors: Professor Marissa Moorman Central and Southern Africa, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, Professor Michelle Moyd Eastern Africa, Michigan State University, USA, Professor Moses Ochonu North and Western Africa, Vanderbilt University, USA, Professor Daniel Magaziner Yale University, USA, and Dr Samuel Severson
- Editorial board
The Journal of African History (JAH) publishes articles and book reviews ranging widely over the African past, from ancient times to the present. Historical approaches to all time periods are welcome. The thematic range is equally broad, covering social, economic, political, cultural, and intellectual history. Recent articles have explored diverse themes including: labour and class, gender and sexuality, health and medicine, ethnicity and race, migration and diaspora, nationalism and state politics, religion and ritual, and technology and the environment.
Submit your paper here
Submit your paper here
PIRACY IN SOMALIA - Piracy in Somalia: Violence and Development in the Horn of Africa. By Awet Tewelde Weldemichael. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019. Pp. xix + 238. $29.99, paperback (ISBN: 9781108739283); $89.99, hardcover (ISBN: 9781108496964); $24.00, e-book (ISBN: 9781108759069).
- The Journal of African History, Volume 61, Issue 3
Cambridge to publish a new flagship journal in the fast-growing field of Pakistan studies
- 25 July 2022,
- Critical Pakistan Studies will be the first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its peopleJournal will be interdisciplinary and open Cambridge University Press is to publish the world’s first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its people.…...
The Russia-Ukraine war and the European Response: Transformative change or more of the same?
- 27 May 2022,
- The European Union (EU) has been hit by a series of crises in the past two decades testing its sense of solidarity and institutional design, namely the 2008...
When War Knocks on the Door: What Do Civilians Do?
- 31 May 2023,
- WW2 Comparative History from BelowWritten by Claire Andrieu Unlike the objects of its title, the subject of this book did not fall from the sky. I did not set The post When War Knocks on the Door: What Do Civilians Do? first appeared on FifteenEightyFour | Cambridge University Press....