This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. F. Alizard , J.-C. Robinet & U. Rist 2010 Sensitivity analysis of a streamwise corner flow. Phys. Fluids 22 (1), 014103.
8. F. Caton 2006 Linear stability of circular Couette flow of inelastic viscoplastic fluids. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 134, 148–154.
9. J.-M. Chomaz 2005 Global instabilities in spatially developing flows: non-normality and nonlinearity. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 37, 357–392.
10. P. M. Coelho & F. T. Pinho 2003a Vortex shedding in cylinder flow of shear-thinning fluids. I identification and demarcation of flow regimes. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 110, 143–176.
12. P. M. Coelho & F. T. Pinho 2004 Vortex shedding in cylinder flow of shear-thinning fluids. III pressure measurements. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 121, 55–68.
13. P. F. Fischer & E. M. Rønquist 1994 Spectral element methods for large scale parallel Navier–Stokes calculations. Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engng 116, 69–76.
19. P. Meliga , D. Sipp & J.-M. Chomaz 2010b Open-loop control of compressible afterbody flows using adjoint methods. Phys. Fluids 22 (5), 054109.
20. S. Milleta , F. Rousset & V. B. H. B. Hadid 2009 Stability analysis of stratified coating flow of shear-thinning fluids. Eur. Phys. J. Special Topics 166, 143–146.
21. S. Mossaz , P. Jay & A. Magnin 2010 Criteria for the appearance of recirculating and non-stationary regimes behind a cylinder in a viscoplastic fluid. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 165, 1525–1535.
22. A. Nejat , V. Abdollahi & K. Vahidkhah 2011 Lattice Boltzmann simulation of non-Newtonian flows past confined cylinders. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 166, 689–697.
24. C. Nouar & I. Frigaard 2009 Stability of plane Couette-Poiseuille flow of shear-thinning fluid. Phys. Fluids 21, 064104.
25. S. K. Panda & R. Chhabra 2010 Laminar flow of power-law fluids past a rotating cylinder. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid 165, 1442–1461.
26. A. T. Patera 1984 A spectral element method for fluid dynamics: laminar flow in a channel expansion. J. Comput. Phys. 54, 468–488.
27. V. K. Patnana , R. P. Bharti & R. P. Chhabra 2009 Two-dimensional unsteady flow of power-law fluids over a cylinder. Chem. Engng Sci. 64, 2978–2999.
28. C. J. Pipe & P. A. Monkewitz 2006 Vortex shedding in flows of dilute polymer solutions. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 139, 54–67.
32. D. Richter , E. S. G. Shaqfeh & G. Iaccarino 2011 Floquet stability analysis of viscoelastic flow over a cylinder. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 166, 554–565.
34. D. Sipp , O. Marquet , P. Meliga & A. Barbagallo 2010 Dynamics and control of global instabilities in open flows: a linearized approach. Appl. Mech. Rev. 63, 030801.
35. P. Sivakumar , R. P. Bharti & R. Chhabra 2006 Effect of power-law index on critical parameters for power-law flow across an unconfined circular cylinder. Chem. Engng Sci. 61, 6035–6046.