This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. V. Armenio & V. Fiorotto 2001 Equation of motion for a small rigid sphere in a non-uniform flow. Phys. Fluids 13, 2437.
2. S. Balachandar & J. K. Eaton 2010 Turbulent dispersed multiphase flow. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 42, 111–133.
J. Bec , L. Biferale , G. Boffetta , A. Celani , M. Cencini , A. Lanotte , S. Musacchio & F. Toschi
Acceleration statistics of heavy particles in turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
J. Bec , L. Biferale , G. Boffetta , M. Cencini , A. S. Lanotte & F. Toschi
Intermittency in the velocity distribution of heavy particles in turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
5. C. Canuto , M. Hussaini & T. Zang 1988 Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics. Springer.
6. J. P. Carlier , M. Khaliji & B. Osterle 2005 An improved model for anisotropic dispersion of small particles in turbulent shear flows. Aerosol Sci. Technol. 39, 196–205.
S. Elghobashi & G. C. Truesdell
Direct simulation of particle dispersion in a decaying isotropic turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
9. S. Elghobashi & G. C. Truesdell 1993 On the two-way interaction between homogeneous turbulence and the dispersed solid particles. Part 1. Turbulence modification. Phys. Fluids A 5, 1790.
10. J. R. Fessler , J. D. Kulick & J. K. Eaton 1994 Preferential concentration of heavy particles in a turbulent channel flow. Phys. Fluids 6, 3742–3749.
P. Fevrier , O. Simonin & K. D. Squires
Partitioning of the particle velocities in gas–solid turbulent flows into a continuous field and a spatially uncorrelated random distribution: theoretical formalism and numerical study. J. Fluid Mech.
12. I. Fouxon & P. Horvai 2008 Separation of heavy particles in turbulence. Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 040601.
S. Gerashchenko , N. S. Sharp , S. Neuscamman & Z. Warhaft
Lagrangian measurements of inertial particle accelerations in a turbulent boundary layer. J. Fluid Mech.
15. R. A. Gore & C. T. Crowe 1989 Effect of particle size on modulating turbulent intensity. Intl J. Multiphase Flow 15, 279.
P. S. Goswami & V. Kumaran
Particle dynamics in a turbulent particle–gas suspension at high Stokes number. Part 1. Velocity and acceleration distributions. J. Fluid Mech.
P. S. Goswami & V. Kumaran
Particle dynamics in a turbulent particle–gas suspension at high Stokes number. Part 2. The fluctuating force model. J. Fluid Mech.
18. P. S. Goswami & V. Kumaran 2011 Particle dynamics in the channel flow of a turbulent particle–gas suspension at high Stokes number. Part 2. Comparison of fluctuating force simulations and experiments. J. Fluid Mech. 687, 41–71.
J. Kim , P. Moin & R. Moser
Turbulence statistics in fully developed channel flow at low Reynolds number. J. Fluid Mech.
21. L. Kleiser & U. Schumann 1980
Treatment of incompressibility and boundary conditions in 3D numerical spectral simulations of plane channel flows. In Proceedings of the 3rd GAMM Conference on Numerical Methods in Fluid Mechanics, vol. 2 (ed.
E. H. Hirschel
). pp. 165–173.
22. R. H. Kraichnan 1958 Irreversible statistical mechanics of incompressible hydromagnetic turbulence. Phys. Rev. 109, 1407–1422.
J. D. Kulick , J. R. Fessler & J. K. Eaton
Particle response and turbulence modification in a fully developed channel flow. J. Fluid Mech.
24. V. Kumaran 2003 Stability of a sheared particle suspension. Phys. Fluids 15, 3625–3637.
V. Lavezzo , A. Soldati , S. Gerashchenko , Z. Warhaft & L. R. Collins
On the role of gravity and shear on inertial particle accelerations in near-wall turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
26. Y. Li & J. B. McLaughlin 2001 Numerical simulation of particle-laden turbulent channel flow. Phys. Fluids 13, 2957.
27. M. R. Maxey & J. J. Riley 1983 Equation of motion for a small rigid sphere in a non-uniform flow. Phys. Fluids 26, 883.
28. J. J. Riley & G. S. Patterson 1974 Diffusion experiments with numerically integrated isotropic turbulence. Phys. Fluids 17, 292.
D. W. I. Rouson & J. K. Eaton
On the preferential concentration of solid particles in turbulent channel flow. J. Fluid Mech.
30. K. D. Squires & J. K. Eaton 1990 Particle response and turbulence modification in isotropic turbulence. Phys. Fluids A 2, 1191.
31. K. D. Squires & J. K. Eaton 1991 Preferential concentration of particles by turbulence. Phys. Fluids A 3, 1169.
32. T. Tanaka & J. K. Eaton 2008 Classification of turbulence modification by dispersed spheres using a novel dimensionless number. Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 114502.
H.-K. Tsao & D. L. Koch
Shear flows of a dilute gas–solid suspension. J. Fluid Mech.
Y. Yamamoto , M. Potthoff , T. Tanaka , T. Kajishima & Y. Tsuji
Large-eddy simulation of turbulent gas–particle flow in a vertical channel: effect of considering interparticle collisions. J. Fluid Mech.